KUA

KUA

9/9/08

Ten Thoughts Tuesday ...

1) Coming up for air ... I'm still doing homework! Not entirely my fault - well, I guess it is. I've had a bunch of distractions this week. I could have said NO and been a real b*tch about it. Just something about the Grandson's little face when he's asking if we can play *train* that melts my heart. I just can't say NO to that boy! So today is going to be spent finishing up what I didn't get to yesterday.

2) Along those lines, I think I'm going to have to get him his own set of *school books* and supplies. He went to play on my computer and so I thought I'd be able to take advantage of the quiet time and do a little more reading in one of my textbooks. As soon as he saw me reading he got off the computer and jumped in my lap. "Gamma, read to me". He didn't seem to care that it was a really boring business text book. I enjoyed the cuddle time, too.

3) Married Son's old reliable truck finally died for good last week. He bought a really old van from his father. Now he's having problems with the van, the power steering went out, and it broke a belt. It's sitting disabled in my driveway. Pretty convenient that it broke down here, eh? But while he's trying to run around for parts for the almost 20 year old van he's had to borrow MY car. I really need to run to the store, but obviously I can't. At least I get gas out of the deal - and a few packs of smokes and bottles of pop for my effort.

4) I guess I should be glad I'm stuck at home. Gives me an excuse to read those last three chapters worth of homework. But no ... here I sit and blog. And I need to run to the store yet. I can't get a hold of Married Son to find out when he'll be by the house so I can steal my own car back for a bit.

5) I love it!! It's a nice chilly day. Sunny and breezy. Temperature is about 60 degrees!! My kind of weather.

6) From the sound of the squirrels scampering up the tree outside my open window, I'm thinking they're enjoying the cooler temperatures, too. Busy, busy gathering their food for the winter.

7)  OMG!! I got up for a second. Sat back down on my computer chair and almost fell over! It's got a bad wobble problem right now. Guess it's time to buy a new computer chair? Or see if I can fix this chair and hopefully get some extra use out of it.

8) Wow, I sounded like my dad with that last thought! Remember back in the day when people would actually repair things? When throwing it out and replacing it was an absolute last resort? Dad was the King of Repairs back before his stroke. I picked up a thing or two along the way. I doubt I'll ever built anything like he used to, but dammit, I can at least find my way around a tool box.

9) I keep looking over to the textbook I need to be reading. I swear the damned thing is calling me by name right now! It's a huge book on starting/operating a small business. I was skimming the pages the other day, it actually looks like it won't be too dull.

10) Damned chair!! I let my guard down for a second and almost fell backwards. Yup, time to get up and do this homework - or buy body padding for my own computing safety. Geesh.


I'll be catching up with ya'll as I can ... HUGS!! 

2 comments:

  1. Be careful on that killer chair! I too am enjoying the cooler temp's, Getting mid 60's here and 50's at night for good sleeping! I can't wait until my grandson can talk and ask me to read to him and stuff like that...they are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I'd be using a different chair just in case!
    Hope you managed to get the rest of your homework doned =)

    The gamma moments cant ever be replaced..I say take the time out and enjoy them whilst you can!

    ReplyDelete