This is the game we did in Stress Management class today. See how many of these you can get. There's no scoring system. This is just for fun! I got 14, class average was 8. Teacher said she only got 4 of these the first time she did it. Answers to follow tomorrow evening.
Each statement below contains the initials of words that make it correct. For example: 16 = O in a P can read as *16 Ounces in a Pound".
1. 26 = L of the A
2. 7 = W of the A W
3. 1001 = A N
4. 12 = S of the Z
5. 54 = C in a D (with the Js)
6. 9 = P of the SS
7. 88 = K on a P
8. 32 = D F at which W F
9. 18 = H on a G C
10. 13 = S on the A F
11. 90 = D in a R A
12. 200 = D for P G in M
13. 6 = L on an I
14. 50 = W T L Y L
15. 4 = Q in a G
16. 24 = H in a D
17. 1 = H on a U
18. 5 = D in a Z C (usually)
19. 57 = H V
20. 11 = P on a F T
21. 29 = D in F in a L Y
22. 64 = S on a C B
23. 40 = D and N of the G F
24. 12 = M of the Y
25. 50 = S on the A F
26. 4 = L on a F L C
27. 12 = D of C
Ready? Here's the solution ...
1. 26 Letters of the Alphabet
2. 7 Wonders of the Ancient World
3. 1001 Arabian Nights
4. 12 Signs of the Zodiac
5. 54 Cards in a Deck (with the Jokers)
6. 9 Planets in the Solar System
7. 88 Keys on a Piano
8. 32 Degrees Fahrenheit at which Water Freezes
9. 18 Holes on a Golf Course
10. 13 Stripes on the American Flag
11. 90 Degrees in a Right Angle
12. 200 Dollars for Passing Go in Monopoly
13. 6 Legs on an Insect
14. 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover
15. 4 Quarts in a Gallon
16. 24 Hours in a Day
17. 1 Horn on a Unicorn
18. 5 Digits in a Zip Code (usually)
19. 57 Heinz Varities
20. 11 Players on a Football Team
21. 29 Days in February in a Leap Year
22. 64 Squares on a Chess Board
23. 40 Days and Nights of the Great Flood
24. 12 Months of the Year
25. 50 Stars on the American Flag
26. 4 Leafs on a Four Leaf Clover
27. 12 Days of Christmas
i do believe i've got most of them....that was fun! but i won't post my answers so others can play
ReplyDeleteOk I have one, I'll have to keep thinking LOL
ReplyDeleteOh I did this one on a blog once! In fact, it was on my blog! LOL I'll have to look for my answers... heehee.
ReplyDeleteAmy, I thought you'd enjoy this!!
ReplyDeleteThink Helen Think!! hehehe ...
ReplyDeletePengy, isn't the one you did Christmas Carols? These are not Christmas Carols ... well, there may be one or two of them thrown in there, but that's it.
ReplyDeleteYes... I did the christmas carols but I'm pretty sure I did this one too awhile back. I'll have to look for it this weekend.
ReplyDeleteK. I'll let you look. I'll be too busy doing homework to volunteer for that task. LOL! And if you should find it, don't cheat ...
ReplyDeleteyeah pengy dont cheat but if you do send me the answers, my thinking isnt working lmao
ReplyDeleteLOL!! Now you two behave!! Here's a hint if you're having trouble figuring them out ... ignore the equal sign ...
ReplyDeleteI'm always good LOL.
ReplyDeleteOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Igot another one doing that LOL. I'll have to concentrate more lololol
Ok, Apparently I am an idiot or am just not grasping the concept because my brain can't figure out any of them. I am sure when you post the answers I am going to kick myself.
ReplyDeleteYeah Helen!!!
ReplyDeleteIceQueen ... now don't kick yourself. Here's another hint ... look at the number and search your memory for something (anything) that has that number in it ... the example ... what's got 16 in it? It could only be ounces ... there's not a lot else that we can associate that number with.
ReplyDeleteHope that helps a bit. I'll post answers later tonight (added to THIS blog - at the bottom)
ok, great hint! I am on a roll now! So far I have 11. I'm not an idiot after all!
ReplyDeleteLOL!!!! Now you got it, IceQueen!! After we were finished with the exercise Coach asked what our opinions were - what did we learn from this little game? I (correctly) answered ... once you clear your mind and relax, the answers become easier. Yuppers ... and that's just what this little lesson was about, that the way to perform anything in life that comes your way - test at school, project boss makes you do - whatever ... relax, clear your mind and you're good to go.
ReplyDeleteAren't you glad you didn't try to kick yourself?
I probably would have required medical attention had I tried to kick myself! I got them all! It was much easier once I stopped stressing over it and once I got the first one and told myself, "hey wait, this isnt so hard!" it was much easier! This was fun!
ReplyDeleteExactly ... ONCE you stopped stressing it became much easier ... lesson one is stress management ... hehe ...
ReplyDeleteK ... answers posted. Was hoping to post later tonight, but I just got drafted to babysit Grandson for the evening. No computer time for me tonight. LOL!
ReplyDeleteThanks, I'm tired and was getting no where with most of them...lol.
ReplyDeleteI got some, but I was gonna come back and now I know them all lmao
ReplyDelete