KUA

KUA

1/13/09

Class, Fender Benders and a few Photos ...

K, we'll start with the over-due picture of me and the new do ...



Not the best picture, but here ya go ... this was just minutes after I walked out of the hair cut place a few days ago. I've had a chance to wash and play with it ... looks similar, but more *messy*. I like it!!

Today ... decided to leave a few hours early to get my book for my one and only class at the one campus. Pulled into the parking lot. It was crowded!! I passed a parking spot so I backed up ... right into the trailer hitch of a huge pick-up truck! Didn't do jackschitt to his truck, didn't even disturb the dirt on his hitch. Pulled the bumper off my car, though.



Nice job, eh? Spent about 45 minutes farting around with Campus Police. Most of that time spent waiting on them. Since I didn't have a cell phone with me, I had to go search out a phone so I could call them. Found one about in the middle of campus. That added another fifteen minutes to my day. We met up in that part of campus, they drove me to my car. First time I've ever been in the back seat of a cop car!! Better be my last, too! Mad dash to the bookstore afterward. They were sold out of the textbook for class. I'm on a waiting list, as is most of my class I was to find out later.

So ... classes ... they went well. My Monday Day class, American Government, went good. Teacher is a hoot, but rambles on and on. Grades are easy ... three tests each worth 30% of the final grade. An in-class writing assignment worth 10% rounds out the graded assignments. Three extra credit points available at 3 points each. First extra credit assignment already done - prove you're a registered voter. Easy enough. LOL! He dismissed us early. Great ... head up for a quick drive-thru sandwich and on to the other campus for books.

Riiiiiight. Ten minutes to grab the text books I need. An hour and a half wait in the financial aid line to pay for them. But dammit, I have all the books I need for my home campus. Four textbooks. $485 worth of books! Talked to some idiot in line most of the time. She's bragging about how she bought a laptop at the school bookstore with her financial aid. Only, it comes time for her to pay for her books, she's got less than 50 cents left on her financial aid account. Doih!! Spent about ten minutes bitching up a storm because they wouldn't offer her more aid to get her textbooks. Dope!! By the time I got out of the bookstore I had fifteen minutes to get the car and move it to the other side of the campus before class started. Didn't really need to bust my arse, the instructor was fifteen minutes late for class, Intro to Business Accounting. Geesh. But it's understandable, I guess. He is a last minute replacement for the teacher that called only this morning to say he couldn't teach this semester.

Not sure what to think of this replacement teacher. He did good at winging it. I mean, the guy had no idea he'd be teaching this class when he woke up this morning and there he stood in front of 25 students this evening. He's definitely taught Accounting in the past. Just never an intro class. He seems to have a good sense of humor ... and the attitude that he's not going to teach us everything the text covers, but we'll leave class in 15 weeks with a basic knowledge of business accounting. I did have to let out a moan, though, when he said those dreaded words "group assignment". Damn. I hate group projects!

Tomorrow evening is Business Law I. Wednesday morning is Marketing Theory. Thursday morning is Stress Management.

Boy, I coulda used stress management today!! My poor car!

14 comments:

  1. Thats alot of damage there girl...and it probably will cost an arm and a leg to get it fixed.

    If you need any help with the American Government class, shoot me a PM. Im good in Govn't, History, and specially American History.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill, thanks. Am Gov't seems pretty cut and dry ... but I'll remember your offer.

    Yeah, it's gonna be an expensive fix. I'll have Married Son hit the junk yards. Should be able to find a bumper there for a lot less. After all, the car is ten years old. Not worth sinking too much money in it for repairs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haircut. I loved Business Law and I've no doubt you will too....and of course I know Marketing Theory is something you'll find useful with your new venture. Stress Management - it's a great idea, but I'm surprised it's offered as part of your program (and a bit jealous).

    And as for the accident - glad there wasn't any damage to the other vehicle.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice new hairdo! That sucks about the bumper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat hair-do! Bummer about the fender bender. What a way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Em, funny thing, stress management is actually considered a phys ed course, and of course we need our two credit hours of phys ed (core requirements). Works great for me! Hell of a lot better than wasting the credits on basket-weaving or bowling (my other two choices if I couldn't get into the stress class).

    Actually, I WISH I had damaged his vehicle. Sounds mean, I know. BUT he was parked illegally - half way out of the space, blocking the flow of traffic and creating an obstacle with that trailer hitch that stuck out an additional six inches. I'm surprised I'm the ONLY one that hit him! Jerk never even got a ticket. Guess that's what happens when you deal with campus cops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pengy, yeah ... what a way to start the new semester. LOL, talk about starting it with a BANG ... or crash as the case may be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just reading what your classes are made my head hurt LOL.
    Aww what a shitty way to start out ~ your poor car!
    I dont know about there but here parking lots are sort of a at your own risk area, and they would prolly say the stationary car was a no fault even though he wasn't parked correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helen, the laws are rather weird here, too ... even though I hit him, technically he's at fault because of the way he half-arsed parked his truck - leaving it blocking the aisle the way he did. However, the cops didn't write him a ticket for illegal parking but then, they could have written me a ticket for hitting the jerk. It's not worth persuing as far as I'm concerned, only because that car is old and on it's last legs anyway ...

    Nah, classes aren't that bad!! I'll blog later about business law and the rest of the classes I've yet to attend. Right now, beddy time for me. I'm tired, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just as well they didnt start writing tickets then if you could have gotten one too! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, yeah, they could have given me a ticket. You know I would have fought it, too! Lots of *evidence* I have, lol. One thing living with a cop has taught me - get pictures from every angle!! And that's exactly what I did. Oh well ... at least it was only the plastic bumper and not the metal of the fender (or doors).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor car! How can you compare stress management with basket-weaving or bowling? Do you think basket weaving would help you calm down about the damage? I'd be throwing baskets!
    Love the new haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, Helen. When I stress I usually go into my little work area and work on one of many hobbies, so maybe basket weaving would have been a good substitute had stress management been unavailable. Now that you mention it, I wouldn't have minded taking a pottery class ... now that would have been relaxing!

    ReplyDelete