KUA

KUA

1/22/09

Thursday's Thoughts ...

Actually I think I have figured out the solution to the *taxi* problem ... I had thought about telling her what Helen suggested but since she lives pretty much on my way home (and she knows it), it won't work. Instead, I'll be parking in a different lot, across campus so she can't see the car, LOL! Really not convenient, but hell, I could use the exercise - besides, since my trip to Chicago I've rediscovered I actually enjoy walking - good excuse to get moving, eh? Anyway ... I'll park across campus and tell her that I'm sorry, I won't be able to give her a ride home since I'm waiting on my son to come get me. By the time I walk to the other end of campus she won't be able to see that I'm getting into my own car. LOL! I know, it's not truthful, but I hate confrontation and telling someone I feel they're nothing but a leech is confrontational in my book. So ... the lesser of two evils is the little white lie. And technically I'm not lying anyway ... it's not my car, my mom owns it! LOL! Yeah, a stretch to justify lying but hell ... works for me.

Stress management went real well today. Lots of notes. First test is next week. No stress there, the test is open book because of all the technical questions (theories, health, etc). I'll read the chapters again to be sure I know where to find the answers. No sense going into it blind and having to hunt down the answers. This way, too, maybe I won't need the book to answer most (if not all) of the questions.

Ran into another potential PITA today in stress class, too. She wasn't in class last week. Sat next to me this week. Before she's even got her note paper or pen out she's handing me a religious book ... one of those Little Words for Mom type books (the name escapes me at the moment). Okay now, those who know me well know I'm not religious but I am spiritual - I follow more of the Wiccan ways than anything else (respect Mother Earth ... do no harm ... healing herbs and stones ... Celtic talisman, etc.) ... and here is this gal who is pushing her beliefs at me in book form. After class she hands me the book again telling me "Pick a passage, it's your theme for today". Alrighty, I do respect others beliefs and I'm sure not going to offend her by pushing the book back at her, so I open a page ... read the text and had to smile ... the passage went something like "Be firm, but not forceful, in your beliefs". Other than that ... she was a very active participant in class ... some of her comments really made the other students think and get a little more involved in class discussions.

Had a strange compliment from *Coach* (the Prof) today ... I guess she felt that The Book Lady, the above mentioned gal, and I both have strong pubic speaking voices and can be heard and understood by the entire class when we're talking ... Coach said she wished she had either of our voices. Little does she know that if I had to stand up in front of a class as long as she does, and talk that long, I wouldn't have a voice left by the end of the day!!

Coach also assigned "buddies" today. Exchange email addresses and phone numbers In case one misses class so they can get the notes or whatever. Guess who I got as a buddy? Yuppers ... The Book Lady. LOL! I'm fine with it, just so long as she doesn't start calling me and preaching anyway ...

K ... off to watch some television. I have to pick a commercial for Marketing class and write a paper about it. Should be fun ...

10 comments:

  1. love your passage--so great!!!

    good luck on being her class buddy, though....

    (Ps--tests on stress management? isn't that an oymoron?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm going to need all the luck I can get on the PITA situation, I think. Guess I got two of 'em this term because last term I had none?

    That does seem rather oxymoron-ish, doesn't it? I think that's why she's doing the open book test ... it's 50 multiple choice questions and we have an hour and a half to finish it. Definitely sounds like one of the easier tests I'll have ever taken in college!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She doesn't need to go in the same direction for public transport does she? Have you cased the joint yet? lololol I hate confrontation too, I'd have been scheming a way to say no ...I need forewarning for unexpected surprises hahaha.

    Hope you and your "buddy" work out to being okie dokie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could tell her you don't go right home after class, you have to run errands and you wouldn't be able to take her, just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. **rotf** You are so making that work!! The lesser of two evils yes indeed. Your telling the truth just not the whole truth, and technically your not lying so hey, go for it!!

    Gl on the stress test!! A+, A+, A+!!! I'm claiming it for you ;)

    I see that your spiritual, so I was just curious if you believe in God. Not trying to offend you or anything, but I was just curioius. **not going to push anything in front of you either,lol** Only reason I'm asking is because I don't fully understand about Wiccans.

    Have a fab Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen, Luckily, no ... the bus stop is right in front of "F" Building. I'll be parking on the other end of campus, by "B" Building. Nice thing is the buildings are all connected by passageways or hallways, so I'll have to do the alphabet from "F" to "B" but backwards to get to the lot I plan on parking. There's like no way she'll see me. Hehe ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kitty, I thought about that ... but she seems to be a rather bossy person ("stop at the store I need smokes") ... so I'm suspecting she'd probably try to talk me into a *little detour* to take her home. Think this will probably be the easiest way ... and an added bonus, I'll get some exercise to boot! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angie ... Thanks!! I'll take that A+!!

    LOL! about pushing it in my face. In all honestly, I've always respected you for your convictions in your beliefs ... that you look to your Creator for strength and guidance every day.

    Hmmm, in a nutshell ... I was raised as a Christian Scientist ... I do believe in God ... But I also believe in Wicca. We believe there are many gods and goddesses. Many Christian customs are founded from Wiccan rites (Easter, Easter eggs and bunnies, Christmas trees, and so on). We have our holy days, http://www.joellessacredgrove.com/Holidays/sabbats.html for a list and description of them (this site also does a good job explaining who the gods and goddesses are). Beliefs are that no harm shall be done to any of the gods or the goddesses creatures or creations. We strive for peace and harmony to rule our lives (as does chaos and confusion if you're a parent of any or no denomination). We meditate and pray for the same things others do; health, well being, solutions to our troubles, guidance, etc. We may use healing stones (turquoise, amethyst, garnet) and natural herbs to remedy illness and disease - or may choose to also seek help from a medical doctor. Personally I do not belong to a coven (gathering place to worship together) but am what's called a solitary practitioner.

    What we aren't are devil worshipers or evil-doers.

    Hope that helps a bit ... it's a real *nutshell* summary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL ... I was just rereading the original blog and it seems to me to be rather - oh - bigoted ... in no way do I mean to say that I don't discuss religion or am closed to others beliefs. On the contrary ... I respect others beliefs and enjoy learning about their religions.

    I guess I left out a *small* detail. When she took out her stuff from her book bag, the first book I saw was titled something like "Converting the Non-Believer", among a half dozen or so other similarly titled books. Alert number one!! Then she pushed her book to me, at first just putting it on the desk in front of me. I said something like "That's a good book, I've seen it" ... and handed it back to her. She then pushes it (rather violently) back and said "pick it up and LOOK at it" just as the teacher starts the class. On break, she did the same thing ... wasn't going to stop until I had opened and read part of her book. Same with after class ... that's what I meant by *pushing it in my face* ... she was real persistent and not going to take "nice book, I've seen it" as an answer. Guess that's what I mean by pushing it at me ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for letting me know!! I'll have to check out the website.

    ReplyDelete