KUA

KUA

7/6/10

Empty Nest?

Not here, not anytime soon.

Today is the day I dreaded ... Married Son, DIL and Grandson finally have moved back in. Chaos and confusion are back. Loudness is back. Blogging material. Definitely blogging material.

So instead of unpacking and settling in, the hallway is packed with boxes and laundry baskets full of their clothing. Barely enough of a path to reach the bathroom.

And where is DIL?? She set up her computer five minutes after getting here and has been goofing around on facebook for two hours now. And I'm sure she'll be up half the night once she's finally ready to unpack.

Ah ... hold on for dear life, I have a feeling it's gonna be one long summer.

5 comments:

  1. Well, its up to you to set limits early.....if they need to unpack NOW - then they need to unpack NOW. You have earned the right to set the rules in your house.

    It's going to be a long summer for you, but likely an entertaining one for us at a safe distance ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. dun...dun...DUN!!! (that was supposed to be that music they always play when something's discovered to be afoot)

    it'll be nice to have you back on here more, though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It should be interesting, to say the least! However, DIL and I ended up sitting up until very late last night, or actually very early this morning, talking about rules, expectations and contributing to the household. Very good talk, I'm feeling better this time around having laid all the cards on the table. She has agreed to help me with "FlyLady". Something I've really been trying to get back into this summer.

    Unpacking is slow, but in this heat, I can let it slide a bit. But only a bit. Three boxes moved and unpacked. The rest at least moved to the end of the hallway and out of the way.

    We also agreed that Grandson's rules here would be the same rules that he had over at the other house ... this way he doesn't have any new rules to learn. Luckily his Nonny is rather strict, so this works well.

    And ya, now that I have blogging material ... as they say ... I'm baaaaaack.

    Amy - that duh duh duh came across as the theme to Jaws ... which seems rather appropriate for some reason. Wahhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe...who doesn't love a good soap opera? (Especially when it's happening to someone else!)

    May the force be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL ... As My World Turns? Days Of My Life? Payton Place?

    I need all the help I can get!!

    What Would Yoda Do?
    (I couldn't resist)

    ReplyDelete