KUA

KUA

7/30/10

Happy Friday

Wow, it's been three whole days since I've blogged. Can you believe it? LOL.

And quiet days they've been! Grandson left for camping yesterday, but spent the night before they left at his Popa and Nani's house. DIL has barely been around since then, thanks to a Nani who really doesn't like being alone when her hubby and Grandson are gone. DIL and Married Son will come home to sleep, so the end of my day isn't exactly quiet. Ah well, at least the days are.

And, get this ... DIL has figured out the whole dish thing. Seems she's realized that doing their dishes (and an occasional dish of mine) immediately after the meal is soooo much easier to keep ahead of then doing them only when they overflow from the dishpan. I know, amazing isn't it? And that she's even done a dish or two of mine without griping about it.

I'm impressed.

I'm still working on my sanctuary. I decided that while I was at it, I'd do some deep cleaning (closet, dresser, bookcase). I got in over my head, but it's been worth it. Then again, it's needed to be done for a while now.

I used to laugh at those people that said they went clothes shopping in their own closets. But know I really understand. My goodness, I found a whole wardrobe that I'd totally forgotten about ... pushed in the back of the closet.

I even found some sweaters from the 80s, no kidding! They no longer fit, plus they're way out of style, so they'll be donated to a vintage clothing store in the next town over.

I got call from Aunt Normal today saying she's dropping the search for her ancestor for the summer. She said it's way too hot to be going all the way to Port Huron to search records. Um, nope ... it's perfect weather. After all, Port Huron is a pretty modern place, they even have indoor plumbing and ee-lec-tricity. Oy ... I mean, this isn't the mid-1800s for pete's sake. And I'd rather do the search now ... being a waterside town it's always ten degrees cooler at least, and with a constant breeze. She said she'd resume in the fall, when it's going to be chilly as hell (okay, only a Michigander would say cold as Hell - and only a Michigander - or Amy - would understand the humor behind that ... hehehehe). As much as I love the colder weather and the City of Port Huron ... I don't look forward to freezing my buns off, and yes, spring, summer, winter or fall, if I'm in Port Huron I stop at my favorite park.

But then, my Mom doesn't want me to do any more of the family search for Aunt Normal. I know, since when do I actually listen to my mom? The deal was to find out about the one ancestor, and I'm sticking to my end of it.

Guess I should go. I just got the new Fall and Winter catalogs for the products I sell in today's mail. Been going over them ... I'm contemplating trying out Facebook Market, maybe even Multiply's market ... see if I can broaden my customer base there.

1 comment: