Really! They hurt!
It didn't stay quiet around here for long after last night's blog entry. And of course, they came in noisy as all get-out.
Grandson wanted to watch a movie, DIL was tired so she said he could watch the tv in the bedroom while she read a little and fell asleep. That just left Married Son and me in the living area, and he was really into whatever he was doing on the computer.
I was at the kitchen counter, my ears literally throbbing from the five minutes of ear shattering loud followed by almost deafening silence.
I commented to Married Son that my ears hurt. Without having told him why they hurt, he comments "welcome to my world Mom. About ten minutes is about all I can handle of her noise levels before I'm ready to run away. Why do you think I work so much?"
He admitted that occasionally he feels like sticking his fingers in his ears, not to block out the noise, but to see if his ears are actually bleeding! I know the feeling! Really!
So, today he's out working ... DIL is at work ... and Grandson was taken to Nani's house for the evening. Yay!
Peace and quiet. Just Single Son and me. He's doing some paperwork for his work on his laptop in his bedroom. He only surfaces for a cuppa every now and then.
But when he does surface, he takes great pride in his stealth abilities and sneaks up on me ... seeing how high I can jump. Naturally, I swear at him for doing this multiple times a day. I really need to find another chair to sit in, one that faces the entrance to the room.
Last night, after all was finally quiet, DIL and Grandson were asleep Single Son sneaks up behind me. I don't catch that Married Son was looking at him, suppressing a giggle. Single Son had his police issue whistle and blew it only a foot or so from my ear.
Damn, those things are LOUD! I about hit the ceiling and damn near biffed my head on the dining room table on the way back down.
And my darling boys? They're laughing to the point of hysterics about my reaction.
When are they too old to ground? Banish them to their rooms? No tv. No computers.
After that, Single Son hung out with Married Son, working on some computer issue on Married Son's computer. I waited patiently.
Very patiently.
Deciding to do the dishes about an hour later, I ran the water ... and proceeded to sneak the big skillet and a large sauce pan from the cupboard. Sneaking up on Single Son I did the pot clanging bit to him. He damn near jumped out of his skin. Paybacks!! Sweet!
He didn't think it was too funny. Married Son did, he about fell out of his chair for a second time last night ...
Tomorrow can't come fast enough. I'm taking a trip to Port Huron alone. Me, myself and I. My excuse to go is that genealogy research I'm doing for my cousin. I could do it online, but I need a day away. In a quiet library. Maybe the genealogy or historical society while I'm there, if there's time. And definitely a trip to my favorite park, to ship watch and feed both me and the squirrels. No, not off the same plate. Hopefully.
Then Thursday Grandson's Poppa is taking him for four blessed days of camping. My only regret is that he's not taking his daughter, too.
For now ... I'm enjoying the day at home almost alone. Quiet. Contemplating a nap after I do the sink that's full of dishes I didn't use.

LOL! too funny! hope you enjoy port huron (duh!) and fyi i can totally see you sitting there on a picnic blanket with a big plate for you and little plates set out for the squirrels....
ReplyDeleteLOL! A picnic blanket? Man, I'd be over-run by squirrels for sure. It's safer to sit at one of the picnic tables, that way only the bravest squirrels will join me for dinner. The rest of them (the wimps if you will) circle the table, chattering away as a reminder to me that "hey, I'm here. Throw something my way will you?"
ReplyDeleteAnd you wanna see funny! Seagull Wars. Throw something towards the group of seagulls off behind the circle of squirrels and it's war for sure.