Once again, it's been a few days since my last blog. So much for trying to blog more, eh? Oh well ... at least it's not months between entries, right?
Been a lot going on, some stressful. Who am I kidding? Most stressful. So much for avoiding stress ... and since I'm not finding much humor - well, not as much blogging.
I really am trying to find the silver lining in everything. But I'm finding some clouds are just crappy through and through. Especially where the Wrecking Crew is involved.
Speaking of the Wrecking Crew ... DIL just isn't comprehending how things work when you live in someone else's home. From throwing out things that don't belong to her to trying to take over how this house is run. Not that I do things a certain way, or am OCD at all, I just don't like someone coming in and trying to take control. There's no excuse for it.
She's on my final nerve, needless to say.
My new tagline has become "Screw Calgon ... Delta take me away". She thinks it's funny ... remember she's not the brightest crayon in the box and doesn't seem to understand she's the reason for screwing Calgon.
On the Alien front ... she calls me late the other night (after midnight) asking if I can babysit, she's having pain and wants to go to the hospital. Sure ... I'll watch Butterball,but she's got to bring him over. She gets here and of course, the Loser is in the passenger seat. He can't drive (lost his license) but will go with her to the E.R. Fine ... whatever. Butterball was fussy, so I gave him a bottle, changed him, and within half an hour he was asleep. Yay me! DIL took Butterball to sleep in their room. Alien called later saying she's being released, that the pain was from constipation (oy), and they're on the way to get Butterball. Loser tries to be all nice to me. I told him don't bother, he's off my Christmas Card list for what he did to Alien and I just won't waste those valuable seconds of my life on him.
Then there's been the stress of my brother coming over. We're not close by any stretch. And after his comment to me last weekend, well, I didn't rush outside to say hi to him when he got here this morning to finish the tree removal that my Mom is paying him $500 to do. So ... I had asked him something about a past holiday event (that he had hosted), and his response was that he didn't remember but oh yeah, by the way, once our folks are gone he doesn't anticipate he'll ever be inviting me to his house again (he said something like 'you'll be dead to me, too') - that the only reason he even talks to me is because of the fact I'm our parents daughter (not sister, but parents daughter). Even though we aren't close, that comment hurt.
Christmas this year is going to be interesting. But I'll let it slide (after the hurt goes away), because I'm good like that.
So much for not finding silver linings in those clouds, eh? I've done nothing but a bitch blog so far ... and I feel the negative energy really taking it's toll on me right now.
Funny how this crap effects ones health. Time to go look for something FUN ... or SILLY ... to lift my mood.
Oh ... here's a funny ... Single Son one day said the word "pimp" around Grandson. Grandson asked what a pimp was. Single Son told him a pimp is a tow truck driver - the truck is called a hooker (because cars are hooked to it, LOL). So ... Married Son is talking to Single Son today and it comes up that Married Son is looking for tow truck driving jobs. Grandson pipes up with "My daddy is going to be a pimp". I almost fell off the chair from laughing!
And ... on that I'm off to do a little Farmville, Frontierville, Swagbucks ... AND I need to find some tofu recipes ... yes, tofu. My friend Chicken introduced me to the stuff and now I'm hooked on it ... but I need to find new recipes!!

Genius! Children are just wonderful at making you smile!
ReplyDeleteStick with it Lisa, even in the fantasy world of Frontierville we are up against snakes and bears xx
LOL Helen!! At least with Frontierville it's okay (even encouraged) to clobber the critters - and you get bonus points for it, too. Besides, on Frontierville, they go away after a few good clobbers!!
ReplyDeleteBut it is definitely worth the laugh, thanks!!
Right now I'm enjoying partial quiet. DIL's at work, and Grandson has been told to lower his volume a bit. Married Son and I are browsing the web looking for travel trailers (caravans). More like wishing, I should say, since neither one of us can afford one. But he likes to dream about the open road (and quiet from the DIL) about as much as I do. I swear there's gotta be gypsy in the family tree somewhere. LOL.
Well, if you did find an inexpensive trailer perhaps you could banish the loud crowd to the back yard. The silver lining is that what doesn't kill you (or that you kill) makes you stronger.....and once you have your peace and quiet back again you'll appreciate it all the more.
ReplyDeleteI don't think you are OCD at all...but clearly DIL is missing the point that she is living in your house - you aren't living in hers. I suppose you could use postit notes on "your" stuff......so she doesn't get confused. Like roommates do with food in the fridge so you knew what not to touch. (I'm picturing your favorite chair with a do not sit sign in it).
Your brother sees things from a very different perspective......doesn't sound like you are good enough terms to ask why he thinks the way he does - but its not that unusual. There's often competition among siblings - and because he's a man, he probably doesn't realize how much you do for your parents.....and so he thinks they are playing favorites.
And I don't know your folks, but if they have a tendency to criticize and complain on occasion (as old people can do)...then perhaps they b#tch about you to your brother sometimes and that just makes it worse.
But how great that you won't have to buy a present for someone you aren't very fond of anyhow......I hate duty gifts....
Em, banish the Wrecking Crew to the backyard? Nope, more like the parking lot at the abandoned mall up the street. My tiny city yard is just too small (thankfully) to even get a trailer back there - besides, my bedroom window faces the backyard. The Mall sounds like a much better place for a trailer!! ;)
ReplyDeleteWe do the post-its in the fridge now, and we have assigned cupboards. Do not put your bulk purchases on the floor, the microwave, or the countertops. It works well ... or it would if they didn't buy bulk so freaking much. I finally put my foot down and told her that because this is a small house, there is no room for bulk ... buy what you can use for one week, then go to the freaking store for replacements!! Period.
As for Brother Deere, he's always been the Golden Child. The Perfect One. I'm fine with that, it takes the pressure off of me to be the perfect child. He's over at the folks house way more than I am (he drives by their place daily going to and from work and often stops by at 5:30 AM to put food in their fridge). It's because of this imperfection I suffer from that causes his stress. He loathes imperfection. He loathes laid-back, easy going, if-it-doesn't-get-done-this-second-oh-well types. He thinks I'm nothing but a waste of flesh and bone. Andn believe me, that's A LOT of flesh and bone, LOL. Like I said, I'm fine with it ... he's always been difficult to please (worse than my parents) and oh, since he's NOT my father I refuse to let it bother me. I have better things on my plate than trying to please a man that not only hand washes, but waxes his freaking garden tractor after every use!
LOL, yup, my parents complain to him about me. But then, they complain to him about everyone in the family (cousins, aunts and uncles included). So I'm not special there, LOL. Mom does her share of complaining about Brother Deere to me, too.
Hmmmm, one less present. That sounds sooooo good. Besides it was harder than heck to find a gift that he wouldn't end up returning anyway.