KUA

KUA

10/1/10

Early Friday Morning ...

So much for going to bed early. I tried, I really did.

Got up after a few hours sleep to go to the bathroom - an all nighter to me is not waking up in the middle of the night for a potty stop - and I saw that the cell phone was blinking ... so I checked.

It's a borrowed phone until I can get my service back on ... so I'm not entirely familiar with the phone. Ha, who am I kidding? I'm so lost with this phone it's not funny. I figured out a while ago how to access texts but it's still a chore, not as easy as my smart phone for texting. And don't get me started on that text autofill technology. Oy!!

Anyway ... it's a text from Married Son "family meeting Sunday".

Here we go ... he's thinking he's head of household again? Or ... did DIL bitch about something and he feels he needs to set the record straight? Who knows?

I'm trying not to get worked up since the reason for this meeting is unknown to me as of now, but I can tell you ... history repeats itself around here a little too often, and the last two family meetings he called ended rather ugly. Delusions of being "in charge", or now he's the BIG bread winner in the house he feels entitled? I don't think so!!

I tried to go back to sleep. We see how well that worked. Every time I close my eyes, past family meetings run through my head.

Gonna be an interesting weekend.

*****

Guess I'm gonna try to get back to sleep. Lots of running around early tomorrow (today? whatever, LOL), and since Single Son has to work in the evening, that means I'm without a car. So, it's I snooze I lose with the car. Yes, we're still sharing my vehicle. It sucks, but hey, we do what we can to cut costs around here for now. LOL.

I'll be back ... I want to get back in the habit of Friday Fives.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck...maybe this time it'll be something nice, like "we're moving out"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dare you to text back - sorry, can't make it :).

    Serionsly, remember your classes - didn't you have any thing where they taught you that whoever calls the meeting naturally starts out in control - so the way to get around that is to make them reschedule (or in this case you could get the same effect by texting you have plans therefore you need a specific time for the meeting.. Then you make sure you choose a chair that puts you in the front of the "group"....heck you can google this stuff - but there are ways of positioning yourself so that you have more power in the discussion psychologically.


    I understand about the confusing phone thing....I've had mine for almost a year and still can't figure out how to answer it half the time. (And it's not even one of those smart phones - so I am certain I'm not ready for any of those).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, that'd be nice, but not until he repays me the grand he owes me ... 'cause I know once they're gone I will never see it again ...

    But that's a nice thought ... "we're moving out" ... ahhhhhh, the stuff my dreams are made of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em, I was thinking the exact same thing while out on errands today ... I need to control this meeting.

    Wish I could say it's inconvenient to me, but they would know that's a lie. So ... I'll go, but will somehow make sure he doesn't try to pull any power plays.

    Worse comes to worst ... I can always use MY power card ... "you don't like it, you know where the door is". Usually causes things to end up on a bad note, but it does make the point clear that no matter what they want to think, Momma is still in charge here.

    I took quite a few classes in management, HRM (human resources management) was one of my faves. Teacher really drilled into our little brains about not only running a successful meeting, but getting control of unfavorable meetings.

    It's still not something I am looking forward to. I hate confrontation. But I'll squish the first fool that thinks he's in a position for a *hostile takeover* in MY home!

    ReplyDelete