KUA

KUA

10/5/10

Monday ...

Okay, technically it's Tuesday since it's after midnight ... but to me it's not tomorrow until I've been to bed for the night and wake up the next morning.

So ... Em ... there was NO meeting. None. I went downstairs to cook Single Son's and my dinner and talked to the Wrecking Crew while dinner was in the oven ... not a word was mentioned.

Ah, typical really ... say you're gonna do something and not follow through. But it's a first to do it with a family meeting. Oy.

It worked out good for me, though. The stress was reduced almost immediately. You know how I hate confrontation (even though I seem to be sooooo good at confronting others).

Every time I get stressed, I break out in a single shingle, maybe two. No, not roofing shingles ... chicken pox related shingles. Five years now ... five freaking years of minor outbreaks. It's to the point I want a major outbreak so hopefully it'll end once and for all!

Oh oh oh ... DIL and I talked while dinner was in the oven ... I think I found the reason for her cleaning binge lately. She's claiming there's fleas in the house. Hmmmm, my two sons, Butterball (who crawls all over the living areas) and I haven't so much as even had one mark on us, let alone hosted a flea luncheon ... and one son and I are definitely considered four stars on the flea cuisine. So, she's delusional about it (seems to happen every season) ... but we've proved to her in the past that it's from her parents house, and their three outside/inside dogs who are rarely bathed and don't wear flea prevention products ... why else would she and Grandson be the only victims ... as usual she won't listen ... she's right and the rest of us are just immune  ... she wants to flea bomb the house ... so I told her she could and I gave her the long list of what has to be done before and after a bomb that isn't necessary to begin with ... AND since I'm highly allergic to flea bombs I will need to be put up in a hotel for a few days (the Holiday Inn Express down the road will be fine) ... since this is her idea, she has to pay for my lodging and food ... and then scour the entire house before I can come back in.

Doesn't look like she'll be bombing the house after all. Doofus. She needs to be flea bombing her folks house.

*****

The job ... well, I went today to fill out the application and have a manager look it over. Only I'd been misinformed, applications are now done online. Story of my life ... online apps! I hate 'em ... you lose that human factor when applying online. And I seem to sell myself better when it's a person to person session, even if it's only handing an app to a manager.

But I did get to talk with an assistant manager briefly. That went well. I did have a copy of my resume with me ... yes, for a minimum wage job I bring a copy of my resume ... my experience impressed him to the point he took down my name, phone number and email address and scribbled a few notes on his note pad (but handed back my resume) and said he'd watch for my app in his inbox.

So it wasn't all bad.

Then I went next door to the resale shop ... they're looking for workers, too. I asked for an app, and got one!! Wow, the first paper app I've seen in ages! Yay!! I was told to bring it back tomorrow when a hiring manager is in.

I didn't stay around, but boy did I want to check out this place. Cleanest resale shop I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot of resale shops, LOL) ... but I'm sure working in a place like that would lighten my paycheck some. And jewelry ... I did quickly browse one of about ten jewelry cases, and boy the vintage jewelry they have. I love vintage jewelry!!

*****

Doih ... before the whole job thing today, I went and got my hair cut. And I do mean cut!! It's the shortest it's ever been, and I love it!! She kept some of the length in front ... bangs ... but it's not hanging in my eyes. I'm sooooo lovin' it!!

I seriously doubt I'll ever let my hair grow out ever again.

*****

I had to laugh at Cousin ... it's all over facebook yesterday and today that her daughter is expecting baby number two ... due next June. I'm happy for them, but she seems to love to tease me and remind me of the fact that I was the first to be a momma, then grandma, then grandma of two ... all while being six years younger than she is. What she doesn't know, no one in the family yet knows, is that I'm expecting grandchild number three in January. Let's see how they all react to that!

I called my mother to give her the news, all she said was "I thought so, so much secrecy this week ... " and now she's mad at her only sister, Aunt Silly, for not sharing that information.

Oy, you know how mad she's going to be with me when she finds out that Alien is six months pregnant and I haven't told her yet?

Hey, it's not my place ... I only spread the news once it's been put on facebook.

*****

Nothing else going on. Finished filling out that app for the resale shop. Early to bed so I can get up early (ya right, like I can sleep when I have to be up early the next morning), then off to turn in the application and hit a few more small shops in the area. I'm trying to stay local in the event I have to walk to or from work if my car's not availalbe to me. I don't mind, I could use the exercise anyway!

7 comments:

  1. two job possibilities - very good...I"m glad you didn't have to have the meeting - but perhaps it was about the "fleas" anyhow. I must admit that I understand your DILs aversion to fleas.....they made my life miserable more than once (My folks house had them).....and it does make you all itchy paranoid.....but it sounds like you handled it well.

    You are destined for a career in some form of customer service - it's quite clear.

    And as for the hair - I loved long hair but it didn't love me - (did I mention I hate Amy) - so over the years my hairdresser has been going shorter and shorter with me..now she's taken to doing a bit of shaving at the back neckline. But it turns out well, so I don't argue. I'm sure your hair looks great...but would be nice to have a pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. too busy sticking my tongue out at em to comment....

    she's right, though--we need a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tempted to pour some birdseed into that open mouth/stuck out tongue ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to close it before Bob got ideas....

    ReplyDelete
  5. now now you two ... behave ... LOL ...

    I'm with you Em, but not in hating Amy, LOL!! No .. I'd love to have her hair, too ... it's beautiful. Instead I get stuck with very fine, limp hair. The gal who cut it used the clippers on me, too ... about half way up the back of my head!! Oh, and got rid of those annoying sideburns too ...

    No one's around right now to snap a pic, but I'll have Alien take one tomorrow when she drops Butterball off.

    Oh, ya, and there's a few more than two job possibilities ... I've applied online to every place that has a shop locally ... Target, Harbor Freight Tools, Lowes, Home Depot, CVS, Walgreen's, Rite-aid, Meijers, Krogers, Toys R Us, Speedway to name just a few ... and a dozen or so that I've filled out paper apps for. And that's just in the last two weeks!! I'm taking a few days off from applying, I need a break, but my plan of attack for next week is to hit some of the small mom and pop stores and tiny offices around town.
    Something has to pan out eventually ... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doih, I forgot to add ....

    Em, I really understand the whole flea thing, being miserable with flea invasions ... been there, done that. That's how I found out I was severely allergic to flea bombs!

    I guess it bothers me because in this case it's untrue ... yet she can't see past the nose on her face to LOOK and see what's really going on!!

    But the more I think about it, I will let her go on with the flea bombing ... provided I'm out of the house for at least a few days so she can thoroughly clean up afterwards ... only because I know how fleas are ... they hitch-hike on socks, shoes, and clothing, purses, etc ... right into my house if she doesn't have the foresight to make sure she's flea free before coming home. Goodness knows I don't want problems here ... an ounce of prevention, ya know ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you get some good news about a job soon xx

    ReplyDelete