KUA

KUA

10/21/10

Off line blog writing ...

Gotta love fall weather. One strong gust of wind and the power goes out. However briefly, but the internet still hasn't recovered, despite Single Son's numerous attempts to reset it.

Geesh. That damned Gremlin needs to turn the internet back over to us. Then I'll be able to actually submit my blog entry.

*****

I talked to Alien today. She definitely dropped out of her classes. She did talk to her teachers first, and will be allowed to retake the courses once she's gone through her parenting classes. So that's good news.

I haven't seen Butterball in two weeks now. I'm going through Butterball withdrawal!

*****

Since I can't access my blog right now, I don't remember if I blogged about Married Son's and my last argument about a week ago. So bear with me if this is a repeat ... we argued about responsibilities and priorities. Married Son must have felt he was fighting a losing battle so he pulls one of those panic maneuvers - power struggles really - and takes back the cell phone he'd been loaning me. Oh, like that's supposed to hurt me? Oy! Give me a break ... I'm not a kid ... taking something away that you loaned me isn't going to destroy me. Hell, he did me a favor as he had so many calls on that number I felt like I was nothing more than his secretary!

However, LOL, me being without a cell phone again has really freaked out my friend, Chicken. He hates that he can't get a hold of me - or that I am without a phone in case of emergencies on the road. So yesterday I get an email telling me he's buying me a cell phone and will pay for the service until I can afford to take over payments. Ummm, nope, no thanks! I prefer to avoid that obligation if at all possible ... the feeling that I'm indebted to him (especially him) for any reason. Don't get me wrong, he's a great friend, and I'd do almost anything for him. Almost anything.

Declining his offer was another matter ... he's one of those sensitive souls ... takes the answer *no thanks* personally. He's also one of those people who would give you his last slice of bread and go hungry so you don't. Or in this case, strain his budget on a cell phone for me. How to approach this without hurting his feelings? So after thinking about it for two days I decided (and told him) that if my cell phone problem doesn't resolve itself within the next month then I would take him up on his offer. He'll just have to be happy with calling the house phone for the time being. LOL. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Men!! This is why I have chosen to stay single. Who needs it? The fussing and freaking out because I am presently hard to reach or have no way of communication when I'm away from home, especially in the event of an emergency. Assuring him that even an inactive cell phone can dial 911 isn't helping.

Ah well ... I guess I should be tickled that someone (that I didn't give birth to) cares enough to bitch, eh?

*****

Finally! Internet is back! Thank you Gremlin. It's after 1 AM. I'm going to enter this, then head off to bed ... 

 

2 comments:

  1. i don't know why, but your son and the cell phone reminded me of when my nephew (age 5) very seriously informed i wasn't his friend anymore. he seemed flabbergasted when i informed him that, as his aunt, it was okay with me to not be his friend--obviously, it was supposed to be of much more importance to me than it was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, LOL! Alien pulled that on me a few times ... "I don't like you anymore" or "You're not my friend", "I hate you" ... my response was "I'm your mother, you're supposed to hate me. If you didn't, then I wouldn't be doing my job right". Shut her up every time!!

    Then again, you know how I feel about being a parent ... if you don't put them through therapy when they're adults then you haven't parented them right!!

    ReplyDelete