KUA

KUA

10/16/10

Saturday Stuff.

Okay, so I'm still lacking in creative titles for my blog. I'd say sue me, but the only things of any real value that I own you'd probably not want ... a depression era dollhouse (that has yet to be restored) and a fifty year old Gund teddy bear that has definitely seen better days ... but hey, after fifty years whom amongst us can say we haven't ourselves become a bit tattered and torn?

All kidding aside ... I really have no topic for today. Just a rambling session.

I talked to Single Son about our eventual move (remember, two to five years away yet), and asked if I should start looking for an apartment with a second bedroom for him. He said that all depends on what's going on in two years. True. He asked why I'm worried about it now, since it's so far in the future. In all honestly, the types of places I'll be looking for (low income mostly) have three and four years waiting lists. Well, that's for local places anyway ... once out of the metro Detroit area, rent is about half of what it is here, making low income rents a moot point.

It's definitely a case of you snooze you lose if you want to stay in the Tri-County area.

And I'm not sure I do. I'm looking primarily in the Marysville (Port Huron) area, or maybe even Alpena in Michigan's Northern Lower Peninsula area. Which has me rethinking my whole approach on job hunting, too. I need to get into a workplace that has locations in the cities I'm interested in - this way I can transfer when I'm ready to move. Then I can worry about if I want to stay employed wherever or apply to a local employer.

Yes, I'm anal when it comes to details ... I don't to anything spur of the moment ... I'm a planner. It's a fault of mine. A defective gene inherited from my Civil Engineer father ... who also analyzed things to death. Still does, but no where like he used to.

But all of my plans lay on if (or not) Single Son will be moving with me. And truth be told, I seriously don't think he wants to live on his own. He just isn't cut out to live alone. Never has been.

But that's between you and me. He'd deny it. Got that macho image to maintain, ya know?

*****

I just realized that I must really live a sheltered life. LOL. I'm a little too excited about that free book that's coming from Amazon.com soon. And that I earned the gift cards to buy it through a get-rewards-for-searching search engine (swagbucks) ... good grief! I really do need a life!

The book, by the way, is called "Sidetracked Home Executives - from pigpen to paradise". It's the original CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) to cleanliness system, pre-FlyLady ... in fact, Marla Cilley ( the FlyLady) was a S.H.E. who just couldn't follow the sometimes confusing system S.H.E. uses. She refined it into the FlyLady system. As they say, the rest is history. But FlyLady and S.H.E. work very closely together, a partnership, if you will.

FlyLady is more of the day to day challenges of getting out of CHAOS and setting daily and weekly routines  where S.H.E. details the monthly, seasonal, bi-annual and annual chores that the disorganized slob tends to overlook.

I figure this is the best time to finally get my act together. Screw the Wrecking Crew and their chaos and confusion. We're all going to be moving (some of us hopefully sooner than others) and now is the time to get it under control before the moving van comes. LOL. Having a game plan can only help in the long run.

Funny thing about the S.H.E. book ... I used to own one. I loaned it out to a friend many years ago. Never got it back. I'm sure she misplaced it somewhere between her frequent moves back then. And it's been revised in the last few years... what better excuse to get a new copy? LOL.

*****

I'm off ... time to do some searches on swagbucks. Gotta earn those swagbucks!! I have a wishlist for amazon.com that's a mile long ... yes, more FlyLady and S.H.E. books, some decorating books, some history books. Good grief! I need a life!!

4 comments:

  1. okay--what's the swagbugs link again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. swagbucks.com ...
    let me post a referal link on my fb page, that way I get credit for referals. Yes, I'm not above collecting a few swagbucks for referals ... hehe ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. swagbucks is a search engine ... you can use it through their webpage or download the toolbar as a quicky short cut. This is an absolutely FREE search engine ... doesn't cost you a cent to use .... earn "swagbucks" while doing what you do anyway ... browsing the internet. They also post swag codes that you can earn extra swagbucks with. Prizes include gift cards to many sites, including amazon.com, jewelry, health and beauty products, electronics, consoles and video games, apparal, books and magazines and many many more things. Go check out the swag store at swagbucks.com!!

    Personally I like the gift certificates!!

    Again, this is absolutely free ... they even pay postage to get your prizes to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh doih ... LOL ... I also added a banner to my Multiply homepage ... go check it out.

    ReplyDelete