KUA

KUA

10/2/10

So much for a Friday Five ...

I tried, I really did! But the internet went down and there was no one here who knew how to reset it until Single Son got home from work at 5 AM.

I used to know how to reset it. But Single Son changed it. He had to by-pass a thingie-majig to make the thingie-mabob work. I don't pretend to understand the whole process, all I know is that the internet works. Sometimes. It still loves to go down. Of course, it's usually when I really want to use the internet.

Speaking of Single Son ... the practical joker ... comes into my bedroom (yes, I'm hiding out more in my sanctuary lately) and tells me he has to reset the whole network, so I best save what I'm working on. But the system will be back up and running shortly. After resetting it, he comes back into my room just to talk .... asks what time it is. I look ... he's programmed the clocks to say "fuckin late" or "fuckin early" instead of AM or PM ...

And of course he says he doesn't know how to put it back to normal.

*****

I had to laugh at DIL. According to her fb status today she's been slaving away cleaning the kitchen all day long. Okay, I admit she did their dishes, and did mop the floor, but slaving away? Oh please!!

Let's file that in the DIL BS file, along with her fb comments she's been working hard at cleaning the bedroom she's turned into a storage area ... she hasn't touched it in weeks!

Just too funny!

*****

I think I figured out the topic of this family meeting tomorrow. Again, according to DILs fb she's tired of being broke and whines there's no money for the things she wants to do. So, we can pretty much assume that's the topic that'll be discussed. But I'm preparing myself mentally for an array of topics, just to be prepared for any arguments I may need to present. Better to get control of the conversation if you're prepared!

Man, I can't wait until I'm gainfully employed again and can finally tell them "adios". Oh, I'll give them ample (legal) notice that they need to find another place to crash (trash?) ... and that's only because I'm not going to throw a five year old out into the streets (no matter how bad he gets on my nerves).

I'm about ready to just say forget the thousand bucks he owes me ... count my losses and move on!

11 comments:

  1. Well, considering that they owe you a lot of money then you definitely have control of that part of the conversation at least....

    *picturing them asking to sublet half of their room to another tenant to get extra money - that would explain why she is cleaning the bedroom/storage area

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, I can't think of a topic they'd have a real say in, unless it's that they're moving ... LOL.

    Oy, now I'm gonna have nightmares!! Sublet the spare room? I've seen some of her friends and relatives ... his too ... Scary. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, at least now you have a good excuse for not getting to sleep.. But maybe they just want to arrange a family photo http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/2010/01/20/the-final-frontier/

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I love it!! I wonder where the mom got her skirt? I want one!! I don't like Uhura's short short skirt, it just doesn't work with thunder thighs!!

    But I doubt it's the reason for the meeting ... the Wrecking Crew are members of Starfleet, but not active members ...

    A photo shoot with them would probably include motorcycles, trucks (think monster trucks here - or the FedEx truck that's parked in my driveway), or a trip to Wally World.

    I wish I had saved the pic of the Wrecking Crew for my Mother's Day dinner at the all you can eat buffet ... I was lagging behind (for a reason) ... I didn't want to be seen in public with them. I'll have to see if I can find a copy of it somewhere ... I just may have buried it on my hard drive, LOL!

    Thanks for the laugh ... gonna go check out that family photo album site a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Live the time change too...I wanna do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Amy!! I figured you'd get a kick out of that ... one detail I forgot to mention, it changes the date stamp on all of the files on your computer ... no more AM or PM ... and forget the text screen saver if it's set to clock ... it displayed the time change for a while, now I get japanese characters instead of the clock.

    Fool doesn't know how to change it back ... or that's his story to torment me ...

    I want my screen saver clock back! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy ... I got my clock back!!!

    Along with the instructions on how to sabatoge ... I mean ... reset it ...

    This is for Windows 7, your results may vary.

    Open control panel.
    select region and language,
    then formats - click on additional settings,
    then time tab ... in AM box set new symbol, in PM box set new symbol.

    To undo it, obviously ... just repeat and change symbols back to AM and PM ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool - I just set mine to daytime and nighttime :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. tapping her foot impatiently waiting for results of the family meeting....

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol, hasn't happened yet ... I'll let you know when ... IF ... it happens!!

    ReplyDelete