... tend to make me jump out of my skin. And this is the reason I'm up at 6:30 in the morning. I can't go back to sleep until my blood pressure and pulse are at a more reasonable level.
Don't know what went bump, but it got me leaving my room to investigate in a hurry ... along with Married Son and Single Son.
Never know if it could be a branch, a tree, a raccoon or a burglar 'round these parts. Which would explain why Single Son came dashing up the stairs armed and prepared.
Gawd, I love living with a cop.
We didn't figure out what it was. Might never discover the source either.
For someone who has relatively few fears in life ... I've developed a rather irrational fear of tall trees. Especially close to my house. Go figure.
*****
Other news ... since I seem to be wide awake and online anyway I may as well keep blogging.
My mom still insists the party for Alien's birthday will not happen. She did call to ask for Alien's address. She's sending her a card with a birthday check in it. She did say, though, that the word *happy* is anything but how she feels, can't celebrate when she's not feeling it.
I'm pretty much staying out of it. We know how teens are ... can't tell them jacksquat ... and doing so only makes the situation worse. And we don't want that.
I did talk to Alien yesterday, too. She did not drop Butterball off so she could go to night classes. I guess she's having to drop the classes for now ... the story goes that the court and Children's Protective Services are mandating a few parenting classes for her and Loser if she's to keep the kids. Anger management, parenting, and another course (I think she said household management - or something along those lines) ... and they're held the same nights as her present night courses are. I'm glad she's doing what she can to keep Butterball and the baby due in January. There may be hope for her yet.
Except for the fact that it looks like Loser is still around. So much for her calling me the other day asking for the police non emergency number ... I guess she's just not as fed up with that situation as she needs to be to finally sever all ties with him.
*****
Grandson's first school pictures are in!! Yes, kindergarten pictures ... isn't he adorable?
Not only does he look like his daddy, but he gets that same dopey smile for the school photographers. Oy!


he's adorable. Alien just isn't up to being on her own....so she sees loser as being better than no one. As for the classes - I don't remember if she was finishing high school or if these were college classes - but it would be awfully tough for her to keep them up with two kids in diapers anyhow. So although I'm all for getting an education - it sounds like right now what she really needs is the sort of training that will help her do a better job handling her kids than she who shall not be named :).
ReplyDeleteThanks, he is isn't he? However, never judge a book by it's cover ... right now (as is typical) he's whining about something or the other. I'm ignoring it all.
ReplyDeleteAlien's classes are career training classes offered by Adult Ed for those students who need career training, but have yet to finish high school. Had she completed these courses, she would have begun a paid internship as a medical billing trainee. Guess that's all out of the question now. But you're so right, she needs parenting training more now. Heaven knows her father hasn't been an ideal parent these last ninteen years ... she's only had me as an example (and one she fought constantly).
And yes, as I write this it's her 19th birthday.