Hopefully this headache ends soon. Now I remember why I hate the heat ... it gives me a massive headache.
I know, I'm soooo delicate.
*****
Daddy has been in the hospital since late Friday evening. He fell at home, complained of feeling really weak, so Mom called 911 and the EMTs took him to the hospital. Turns out it's a UTI that caused his weakness. I managed to get my headache to dull a bit (yay tylenol), and took off to the hospital for a brief visit. He's looking better today, minus the huge bruises all over his hands and arms (he's on the blood thinner coumadin and even a band-aid being pulled off of him can cause excessive bruising). He should be coming home within the next few days.
*****
So ... thanks to Em, I have a new addiction. Angry Birds! For the PC.
A friend of mine ("B") showed it to me on her cell, it was okay - but hard for me to see it real clearly. But on a PC ... man I can see the freaking birds. Plus, I think I do better with a mouse than a touch-screen. I'm only on level twelve (and had to do most of 'em a few times), but I'm getting the hang of the game.
Thanks Em. Thanks a lot. Haha.

ROFLMAO - yeah - same problem I had - it was just too small.........If you do get stuck - remember you can google the level and there are step by step instructions. You're welcome - and I hope your Dad gets home soon and your headache stays gone.
ReplyDeleteLOL, thanks. I may need those step by step instructions before long. Darned little birds are really throwing me off, lol. Funny thing, I can't get it to run in google chrome, but in firefox it's fine. And here I want it on chrome 'cause they say you can play it offline. I'll figure it out eventually ...
ReplyDeleteThanks, they're not sure when Daddy'll be home. Being he's also a diabetic, and it's kidney/bladder related they're going to lean on the side of caution and keep him until they're 100% he's not suffering any ill side effects.
The headaches will go away - once the heat and humidity go back down to a reasonable level. They get worse as I get older. I do have a doctor's appointment in a few weeks. I'll be sure to mention it to the doc. Then again, I do have a rather long (and growing) list of complaints for him this year.
Hmmm = I didn't know about the offline part - will have to look into that....Glad Daddy has the kind of insurance that will let him stay in the hospital - a coworker is having trouble - insurance insists on sending a relative home that is nowhere near ready for it.
ReplyDeleteAnd its a good thing I don't get heat/humidity headaches or I'd never be well from July to September, lol....
I still haven't tried to figure google chrome's angry birds out yet. It'll wait Ah well, no hurry. It'll be here whenever I get to it. LOL.
ReplyDeleteDad's insurance is great. I used to have the same insurance when I was married to Bubba. LOL, the only thing I miss about THAT marriage is his insurance! I guess, too, they figure it's cheaper to keep him in for a while and fix what's wrong than having repeat hospitalizations for the same thing.
Don't know why I'm so sensitive to heat and humidity anymore. It wasn't always like this for me, only the last four years or so. About the time that I stopped getting chilly, too. No, it's not menopause (damn) ... they think it might have something to do with diabetes and diabetic neurapathy, but they're not positive without tests that I cannot afford right now (no insurance). All I know is that I officially hate heat. I've said it before, I'll say it again ... ya'll can winter in Florida ... I'm gonna "summer" in the Arctic!
ooohh...speaking of insurance, our hospital is instituting a new policy that i see causing big problems" registration is supposed to ask self-pays to pay a co-pay then and there, with the caveat they are to point out they will not deny care if you don't have it. still--if i were sick enough to come to ER, i think having my checkbook handy would be the last thing on my mind. they say there are almost always family members who can front the patient the loan or go get the purse but...! all i can think is : wow!
ReplyDeleteWOW is right!! What a lousy policy - especially if you're sick enough to have to go to the E.R. Hate to say it, but it's a sign of the times - they just want to be sure they'll get paid for the services they have to render. Some of the hospitals here do it, too ... I'm lucky that my hospital of choice (there's about a dozen *good* hospitals in the metro area) is a Catholic hospital - they haven't taken to the asking for payment first crap yet.
ReplyDeletedon't think it can't change...the one i work at is a catholic one, too.
ReplyDeleteTrue, very true. After I'd posted that last comment, I got to thinking ... the last time I was in the hospital that I was uninsured, they didn't ask, but that was ... ummmmm, four or five years ago (time flies).
ReplyDelete