Let the journey from clean and organized to chaos and confusion begin!
Lisa - there's a bright spot in those red flags.....means you won't find yourself getting too attached to the man. Look at it as dating practice - just don't go anywhere with him that you can't get home if you need to - if things get bad. But I'm guessing that he likes things the way he likes them and there's not much room for spontaneous sh#t happens moments - the kind your life is full of.Na - you won't kick yourself unless you feel guilty about leading him on.....and as far as I can tell - you aren't. And don't listen to your mother - you'll be making yourself a "challenge" and he'll try twice as hard to change you.Just enjoy the experiences he invites you on if its something you enjoy doing - stay away from his family so you don't send the relationship signal.....and you probably don't want to sleep with him if you can avoid it....Oh, and on that subject - this is the reason for the three date rule ;)
Good idea with having an exit plan so to speak. I may just wait to do things with him until after Single Son is off work so I can use my car. Tell Cap I'll meet him wherever. You're right, I'm suspecting that he likes things one way, and that spontaneous is a concept foreign to him. And something that seems to run my life. LOL. I don't plan on leading him on!! Really! lol, but if he's the possessive type (something I haven't been able to ascertain yet), would my staying friends with him give him even a glimmer of hope that we could get into some type of real committed relationship? That's what's got me questioning things. But like I said, we'll see. If he does turn out to also be possessive, then I hit the highway and fast! You're right, my luck he'd consider Mom's suggestions as a challenge. But I tell ya, if it comes down to a smoke, I'm not gonna hide that. If I'm *feining" I'm gonna be honest and excuse myself and light one up. No more waiting til he wanders off and sneaking. LOL! Sleeping with him hadn't even crossed my mind yet. And it sure isn't gonna happen now. And quite honestly, things like anger issues, and clothes worn for a week straight without washing are a huge turn off!! Not to mention, in light of last night's discoveries, I don't want him getting any ideas that a relationship is possible!! Funny, I've dated guys that usually I can tell by the end of the first date if it's gonna work out or not. The vast majority don't go past the first date! I had never heard of the three date rule, but it's a damned good rule!!
Lisa - he's an adult.....so any "ideas" he gets are his own - you are NOT leading him on. But I guarantee you that eventually, if you decide you don't want to spend time with him.....he will accuse of leading him on. That doesn't make it true - its just a man ego thing. Him gfetting his hopes up is his own problem not yours. So don't "question" your hanging out with him any more/less than you would question hanging out with anyone else male or female. Just know that eventually there will come a time when he'll want more than you are up for. Enjoy the moments for what they are.......you deserve some good times....... Although I know it's tough - just relax....it is what it is. And as far as I'm concerned - if the thought of bumping uglies with him hasn't crossed your mind yet - he is NOT the man for you :).
Good point, Em ... very good point. IF there was any of that attraction it died quickly with the kiss in my front yard. The sparks just weren't there. Oh, I did say I don't kiss and tell, didn't I? LOL. True, too, that he's an adult. And for now I'll take it as just hanging out with someone, get out of the house and go do something fun. Keep my distance (physical especially), though. And should it come that we once again go our separate ways and he does accuse me of leading him on, oh well. It wouldn't be my fault that he can't distinguish the line between friendship and relationship. I just realized ... DIL got home from North Carolina on Friday. I haven't even mentioned any of the Wrecking Crew crap (and yes, she didn't miss a beat, back to normal before the car's engine had a chance to cool down).
Duuuude! I think Em's pretty much summed up my responses...
I love you Amy - not that there's anything wrong with that. Sorry to hijack your post, Lisa - but I am having a really crappy day full of feeling stupid.....so Amy's comment that she agreed with what I said has made me feel a million times smarter.......\Now, I just need to hear some more wrecking crew stuff to be reminded how lucky I am (hint hint).
Amy ... thanks. We know Em's a smart lady, as are you ... nice to know that I've got all this smartness on my side!! Love ya both!!
Em, I hate days like that! Don't worry 'bout hijacking posts (not that you did), really. It's almost as good as sitting 'round the table, chatting with friends. Almost. Okay, okay, hint taken, LOL. I'll be typing my little fingers away with a Wrecking Crew blog just for you!!
You have some great advice here.
I do!! I have some pretty wise friends!!
Lisa - there's a bright spot in those red flags.....means you won't find yourself getting too attached to the man. Look at it as dating practice - just don't go anywhere with him that you can't get home if you need to - if things get bad. But I'm guessing that he likes things the way he likes them and there's not much room for spontaneous sh#t happens moments - the kind your life is full of.
ReplyDeleteNa - you won't kick yourself unless you feel guilty about leading him on.....and as far as I can tell - you aren't. And don't listen to your mother - you'll be making yourself a "challenge" and he'll try twice as hard to change you.
Just enjoy the experiences he invites you on if its something you enjoy doing - stay away from his family so you don't send the relationship signal.....and you probably don't want to sleep with him if you can avoid it....
Oh, and on that subject - this is the reason for the three date rule ;)
Good idea with having an exit plan so to speak. I may just wait to do things with him until after Single Son is off work so I can use my car. Tell Cap I'll meet him wherever.
ReplyDeleteYou're right, I'm suspecting that he likes things one way, and that spontaneous is a concept foreign to him. And something that seems to run my life. LOL.
I don't plan on leading him on!! Really! lol, but if he's the possessive type (something I haven't been able to ascertain yet), would my staying friends with him give him even a glimmer of hope that we could get into some type of real committed relationship? That's what's got me questioning things. But like I said, we'll see. If he does turn out to also be possessive, then I hit the highway and fast!
You're right, my luck he'd consider Mom's suggestions as a challenge. But I tell ya, if it comes down to a smoke, I'm not gonna hide that. If I'm *feining" I'm gonna be honest and excuse myself and light one up. No more waiting til he wanders off and sneaking.
LOL! Sleeping with him hadn't even crossed my mind yet. And it sure isn't gonna happen now. And quite honestly, things like anger issues, and clothes worn for a week straight without washing are a huge turn off!! Not to mention, in light of last night's discoveries, I don't want him getting any ideas that a relationship is possible!!
Funny, I've dated guys that usually I can tell by the end of the first date if it's gonna work out or not. The vast majority don't go past the first date! I had never heard of the three date rule, but it's a damned good rule!!
Lisa - he's an adult.....so any "ideas" he gets are his own - you are NOT leading him on. But I guarantee you that eventually, if you decide you don't want to spend time with him.....he will accuse of leading him on. That doesn't make it true - its just a man ego thing. Him gfetting his hopes up is his own problem not yours.
ReplyDeleteSo don't "question" your hanging out with him any more/less than you would question hanging out with anyone else male or female. Just know that eventually there will come a time when he'll want more than you are up for.
Enjoy the moments for what they are.......you deserve some good times....... Although I know it's tough - just relax....it is what it is. And as far as I'm concerned - if the thought of bumping uglies with him hasn't crossed your mind yet - he is NOT the man for you :).
Good point, Em ... very good point. IF there was any of that attraction it died quickly with the kiss in my front yard. The sparks just weren't there. Oh, I did say I don't kiss and tell, didn't I? LOL.
ReplyDeleteTrue, too, that he's an adult. And for now I'll take it as just hanging out with someone, get out of the house and go do something fun. Keep my distance (physical especially), though. And should it come that we once again go our separate ways and he does accuse me of leading him on, oh well. It wouldn't be my fault that he can't distinguish the line between friendship and relationship.
I just realized ... DIL got home from North Carolina on Friday. I haven't even mentioned any of the Wrecking Crew crap (and yes, she didn't miss a beat, back to normal before the car's engine had a chance to cool down).
Duuuude! I think Em's pretty much summed up my responses...
ReplyDeleteI love you Amy - not that there's anything wrong with that. Sorry to hijack your post, Lisa - but I am having a really crappy day full of feeling stupid.....so Amy's comment that she agreed with what I said has made me feel a million times smarter.......\
ReplyDeleteNow, I just need to hear some more wrecking crew stuff to be reminded how lucky I am (hint hint).
Amy ... thanks. We know Em's a smart lady, as are you ... nice to know that I've got all this smartness on my side!! Love ya both!!
ReplyDeleteEm, I hate days like that! Don't worry 'bout hijacking posts (not that you did), really. It's almost as good as sitting 'round the table, chatting with friends. Almost.
ReplyDeleteOkay, okay, hint taken, LOL. I'll be typing my little fingers away with a Wrecking Crew blog just for you!!
You have some great advice here.
ReplyDeleteI do!! I have some pretty wise friends!!
ReplyDelete