KUA

KUA

11/12/07

Ten Thoughts Tuesday

1) Too funny!! A phone call with Alien last Friday. She wanted a ride home after Driver's ed. Only she wasn't asking, she was whining and got that damned teen attitude with me. I couldn't get a word in edge-wise to tell her to call me when she's done and I'll come pick her up (or she can walk home if she keeps being bitchy). Sooooo, I told her "let's start this call again. Rrriiinnnggg, Rrriiinnnggg. Hello?" To which she was supposed to say "Hi Mom" - instead she says "you're a retard" ... "Nope, wrong answer ... rrriiinnnggg, rrriiinnnggg. Hello?" "Hi Mommy. How are you? Can you pick me up from driver's ed today?" "Sure honey, I can. Just call me when driver's ed is over and I'll be right up there to get my precious daughter." Whine and bitch me out. Ain't gonna happen. Not if she wants something!! Geesh. Teens.

2) Too cool!! I was cleaning out some stuff and found three gift cards. I called the toll-free numbers on the backs of those cards. I have just about seventy bucks on them!! I'm going shopping. Best Buy here I come! Not sure what I'll get, there's a few things I want from the stores the I have gift cards for.

3) Went to a baby shower on Sunday. Mommy-to-be got a lot of stuff. They just bought a beautiful four bedroom house. She's gonna need at least a bedroom to store all the things she got! I have to wonder how we ever raised our kids without baby monitors, baby carriers, five-in-one strollers, or all the other crap that the marketing people have persuaded young parents they can't raise a baby without. Man, I need to invent a baby product. Market it just right and I would never have to worry about a budget again. LOL!

4) Speaking of babies ... here's a huge pet peeve of mine. Baby Carriers. Yeah, they're convenient as hell. But where's the physical contact - that bonding between mother and child - if you're carrying your baby around like it's a suitcase? Come on young moms ... I dare you to hold your kids ... carry 'em.

5)  I went to see "Fred Claus" over the weekend. Cute movie. I recommend it to everyone.

6)  Classes are going well. I'm still helping out in computer class. Graphic Communications is going okay. I'm still having problems figuring out the design program they use. It's getting a little better, but I still have my brain fart moments with that darned program. Drawing is going great, of course. LOL. We just finished drawing anime. Yuck!! Call me old, or old fashioned, but I prefer good ol' fashioned cartooning. Much easier for me to do and far more flexible in my opinion. I scanned them. They're in my photo album called "my drawings" if you'd like to see how they turned out. Wow, now that's a shameless plug if ever I heard one.

7) OMG!!! Why me? There's this gal in my computer class ... absolutely obnoxious. Thinks the world revolves around her. Has to steal away attention from the teacher even during lectures, and of course it's never subject related. She thinks I'm at her beckon call to help HER when there's other students I'm in the process of helping first. Loud mouth. Can't shut up. Talks constantly about her favorite topic - herself. Yet if you ask her to sit down or be quiet so you can hear the lectures she gets rude - "you're not the teacher. Don't be rude". Yes, folks, this loser is in her mid to late thirties, she's not a young kid!! Yesterday between classes she's out in the smoking area. Bugging the hell outta me and the other smokers - one of which is our computer teacher. Luckily she didn't hang around for too long, but just long enough to tick everybody off. Of course Teacher can't say what she really feels about this big mouth student, but she hints at what's on her mind. Teacher asked me to bring duct tape to class (won't say why but it doesn't take a genious to figure that one out). This loser wants to be my buddy. I don't think so!! That's a poison I just don't want or need in my life. I spent the summer ridding my life of poisons. I don't need friends like that!! She won't take no for an answer though. Only two more weeks in the quarter. I'm so praying she's NOT in any of next quarters classes.

8)  I'm tiring of the name "MIMom" but can't come up with a new name that I like. Wanna get away from the MI (Michigan) part of the name, we all know why. I'm fed up with this state. I can't wait until I'm able to move away. And yeah, I'm still a mom. Always will be. But my role in life is changing. My babies have grown up. Time to come up with a name that better represents who I am today. Any suggestions?? LOL!

9)  I did something I said I wasn't going to do. LOL! I got a haircut. Four long years of growing out my bangs so they were the same length as the rest of my hair and I went and had 'em cut my hair. Didn't lose much length (good!) but I've got bangs again. I'll have to see if Alien will take a picture of me so ya'll can see.

10)  I'm getting my birthday gift from Single Son early this year. On Friday he's taking me to his cell phone company store so I can be put on his contract. It'll only increase his bill by a few dollars a month, and I get unlimited calling and text messaging. His gift is to pay for my service. I've already got the phone in my possession, thanks to Married Son and his giving me my birthday present early, too. It'll be so nice to get away from the pre-paid service I've been using for a few years now.

2 comments:

  1. I had a chic similar to that in one of my classes a few years ago...she was 16 years older than me though, and TOTALLY obnoxious, she would look off of my puter screen and piss me off (she sat behind me and to the right)...I wanted to prove it to my teacher so one day I totally screwed up my Excel problem (on purpose) and turned it in...(btw..the teacher was in on this)...'copy cat chic' turned hers in soon after and had made the EXACT mistakes...it's hard to make the exact same calculation errors on Excel...she was busted!!! and then moved to the front so that she couldn't see anyone's screens...LMAO! I actually love anime but, I don't draw it much...I need to go look at yours, I'm sure they are great...I'll catch you later hun...MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH...and I love your new page...it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete