KUA

KUA

11/20/07

Ten Thoughts Tuesday ...

... *or* as close to it as I can get today. Doubt I have ten thoughts ... it's been one of those weeks!

1) Sleep deprived big time the last few days. Don't think I've had more than an hour or two a night in the last three nights. Insomnia sucks. Stress induced insomnia sucks canal water.

Read on as to why ...

2) Went to pick up Married Son in a nearby town this morning. Problem with being a team truck driver is that he can't always get a ride home. No biggie. I don't mind picking him up, really.

3) Dropped him off at his house only to find out from Daughter In Law that his sister (my daughter), the Alien, has had a total brain fart and is back with "Romeo Jr.", yeah the emotionally abusive jerk she was dating a month or so ago. I have huge problems with this boy and his entire family, and they all know it! And now, sneaking behind my back to see him again?

4) Now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. The more I bitch, the more I ground, the more it'll make her determined to go more and more behind my back. Add the complication that she's on her level one learners license now and she'll soon have her level two license (which means she can drive w/o an adult present). You know there's going to be rules, strict rules on the usage of a car (like *no* driving w/o an adult, screw the laws saying she can)!! Luckily this loser lives 20 miles away, so it's not like he's within a reasonable "sneaking" range. However, I do remember being 16. This fact does not work in her favor, as I was a sneaky little brat and *know* the tricks!!

5) Just to add insult to injury, my mother and I have been fighting like cats and dogs again. Don't want to get into the reasons why but the fighting is about the worse it's ever been. It's to the point I'm ready to say screw it - for the peace of the entire family, but mostly *my* peace, I'm ready to opt out for a ham sandwich alone at home on Thanksgiving Day.

6) Calgon take me away!

7) Got so much homework to finish this week. Why is it teachers slam you with twice as much homework on holiday breaks? It was that way in high school. Hasn't changed in college. Grrrrrrrr.

8) Wow, I have more thoughts than I thought I would. But, technically, does this count as a thought?? Heck with it, it's a thought ... let's see if nine and ten happens ...

thinking ...

thinking ...

oh, incoming email ... hang on ...

9) Oh goodie!! Thought number nine. I just got invited to a poker night at Tiger's house (no, not *that* kind of poker, geesh). I haven't played poker since high school (yes, *that* kind of poker). Invitation says "poker playing optional". Cool! Of course, I accepted the invitation. Been ages since I've gone to a party that didn't include Barney or Scooby Doo, hellium balloons and party favors!

10) Come on thought number ten ... nope ... nothing ... 

UPDATE: 10:00 PM ... Guess this counts as comment ten? OMG! Alien is sooooo wishy-washy. Comments three and four had to do with her getting back into a verbally abusive relationship. Alien has been visiting with Married Son tonight. He just called to tell me that Alien and Romeo Jr. are not a couple as of this evening. I guess he made her cry over the phone about something, to which she said he'd never change, he'll always be a jerk and told him to never call her again. We can only pray that she sticks to her decision this time.

Calgon take me A W A Y!

3 comments:

  1. I'm having the same teenage issues as you only mine was times 3, oldest daughter grew up now it's just times 2 but OY! Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will life get easy???? I guess never, I know when i'm dead. LOL. I got a break from looking for a job this week. Will have to start again next week. Got two rejection letters today. Maybe this will make me less sensitive to other stuff. Got think positive. We are staying home and just the 5 of us for dinner. We are going to Florida Dec.6-10 to visit Ken's parents. So not going visiting now or at Christmas. It will be nice to be home for Christmas and Thanksgiving. =)
    HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it soon gets better for you, I'm too stressed and tired to even try to write about it!
    I'm sure your daughter and my son are writing blogs somewhere about the stress of parents LOL. Keep smiling hugssssss

    ReplyDelete