KUA

KUA

12/22/07

All I want for Christmas ...

Dear Santa,
All I want for Christmas is to feel better. That's it. No fancy stuff, nothing expensive. Nothing the elves have to wrap in pretty paper.

Sorry that I haven't been around the last few days. I feel like absolute crap. New meds are kicking my butt right now. Big time.

Let's see, doc's appointment the other day was okay. There's no date on when surgery will happen, they have to get my diabetes under control. The good news is that the hernia doesn't seem to be as bad as they originally thought. Either that or it's untwisted itself for the time being. Doc's thinking at this rate we can wait until spring break to do surgery. Yippee! I don't want to miss any class time. I know, I know ... don't be an idiot. My health is more important ...

Doc prescribed two new meds, and a gloucometer and lancets. Got the meds no problem. What a headache getting the gloucometer and lancet prescriptions filled. Finally got it all sorted out, after two days of phone calls and trips to the pharmacy. One of the new meds (metformin) is kicking my ass big time. Can't move without wanting to get sick to my stomach. Feel like I've gone ten rounds with The Hulk, I ache all over. Hopefully I'll adjust to this medication, and soon!

I did go to my mom's house yesterday. We wrapped all her gifts. She gave me my belated birthday gift, a beautiful sweater that I'll wear for Christmas. Had the usual arguments. My mom's always accused me of faking illnesses for the sake of attention. Funny thing is, whenever I did have a complaint it was a legit complaint. Maybe that's why I take the "big deal" approach to my health. Growing up constantly being told "you're faking it", you learn to just shut up and deal with whatever. Heaven help she's sick, though. The kingdom stops everything to take care of the "Queen Mum". But gawd help if the *pheasants* get sick. Went out to dinner with my folks afterwards. Mistake. The Queen Mum got to experience first hand what food has been doing to me for the past few months now. Now let her say I'm faking *that*. I know, TMI, sorry folks. I just thought it was a hoot that maybe now the old battle axe realizes I'm actually not faking it!

I realized last night that I actually miss the Gremlin. I'd rather be bitching about him and his antics than feeling, and blogging about feeling, like shit.

Aw, poop. I just realized, too, that I didn't do the Friday Five yesterday. Oh well, a day late ...

Gonna try to catch up on blogs today and hopefully make a beaded bracelet or two to go with my new sweater.

Hoping ya'll have a great weekend.


2 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself and don't try to do too much! Hope you feel better too! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you feel terrible. I'm praying for you =)
    HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS =)

    ReplyDelete