KUA

KUA

12/6/07

Doctor's Appointment ...

Well, the appointment with the new doctor went good, I guess. I like this guy. Honest, professional, good bedside manner (so to speak), good sense of humor.

The *good* news is that my weight loss to date is now 55 pounds. Yippee!!

However ... that's the only good news I had today.

Seems I have what's called a strangulated umbilical hernia. I guess it's from the six major surgeries I've had in the abdominal region in the past 28 years. My previous quack of a doc told me it was no big deal, no hurry in fixing it. Wrong! This stuff is serious. I'm facing surgery once again. Soon. Very soon. More than likely in the next few weeks.

Doc already did the blood work the surgeon will need and a few other typical pre-surgical things today. Ultra-sound, and an EKG (I think, I'm bad w/ remembering what the tests are called, lol). Get a running start and get this fixed ASAP.

Here's the website the nurse at Doc's office told me to go to ... http://www.healthtouch.com/bin/EContent_HT/cnoteShowLfts.asp?fname=07189&title=UMBILICAL+HERNIA+&cid=HTHLTH

The pain, yup, that's what's been causing the pains I've been experiencing for about the last year. Causing a whole lot of other symptoms that fall under the TMI category. The doc says that about 90% of my present health complaints will be gone after surgery. This is good.

All I can think about is how that former doctor of mine was really playing with my life here. First the mis-diagnosis on my gall bladder disease that damn near killed me and now this. My new doc is appalled that any medical professional (or so called) could have that "no big deal" mentality and not treat patients properly. He didn't blame me, though, most patients go with what their docs say as "gospel". Yeah, sadly, I'm one of them most of the time!!  I'm seriously considering talking to a malpractice lawyer to see if anything can be done.

I'll keep ya'll posted as I find out more.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Well, at least you know that your discomforts are fixable! That could have been a WAY worse diagnosis. Surgery is always scary, but it's nothing compared to being in pain all the time!

    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know when they schedule it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can really say right now is ....... "DAMMIT" and stuff! I love you hun and I'm sorry that your appt. went this way........... I love you lots!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope they will soon put this right for you, no wonder you were in pain. Worst thing is you won't be able to laugh after the op until it all heals up so keep laughing now although I'll bet you wish the first doc could be strangulated! My Dad had a Hernia op and he's in his 70's, he felt so much better after. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your old doc sounds like my mothers. Thank goodness you saw someone who knows what tehy are talking about and doing.
    Hope Harley knows just how special he is to get the 'bawling' you know us girls dont 'bawl' for just anyone!!
    Nearly all your health issues will be solved with the op? Thats good going and now you have something to do idling away the hours of recovery reading.. woohoo. LOL.
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete