KUA

KUA

12/11/07

Ten Thoughts Tuesday

1) I totally forgot was day it is!! Just going to start typing, hopefully I'll have ten thoughts today.

2) What wild weather I've read some of my friends are experiencing!! Ya'll keep safe and keep warm!! All we've had so far is rain. Yeah, it freezes when it hits the ground making for some slick sidewalks, but the roads appear to be okay.

3) Well dammit. How much more screwed up can my health get?? I was out yesterday when the lab called me about my pre-surgery bloodwork. Left a message for me to call them back today. So anyway ... can we say high blood sugar? 236 was my count. Diabetic. At least now we know why I'm so tired all the time. And probably why I've been having headaches so much. Dammit.

4) I'll regulate this through diet. Maybe pills. I'm so not going to start insulin! I have my reasons for it ...

5) Going through some other crap lately, too. Pain. Depression. Frustration. Feels like for every forward step I make, I'm pushed back and lose two steps. Or ... that's how it's been feeling lately.

6) I just wanna take off for the day. Don't know where I'd go, but just out. Anywhere. The possibility of more wintery weather and the fact that I'm about broke right now will keep me homebound today. Dammit.

7) Bought a new computer program yesterday. Comic Creator. Ten Bucks at the used games store (Game Stop). My combined birthday and Christmas gift to myself.

8) It's the perfect day for me to install and play with that program. Just gloomy outside. Bummed about this diabetes shit, too. That program looked pretty neat. I can upload my drawings, or use photos, or whatever. Create personalized comics for any occasion.

9) Bah freaking humbug. Dammit.

10) LOL ... and here I thought I wouldn't make ten today!! Got my report card yesterday. I got A's in both of my computer classes and my cartooning class. I got a B in my graphic communications course. WHEW!! Didn't think I'd do that well in that class to be honest with you. That was the class that was a bugger and a half for me!! Anyway ... I earned a 3.67 GPA this quarter, bringing me to a 3.24 GPA overall. Just enough to put my butt back on the Dean's List. Never thought I'd recover from that C I got in Algebra!

13 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling down...diabetic on top of everything else...that sucks bad!!!! I had hoped that nothing else would be found to cause you troubles...*sigh*! All I can say it try to keep your head above water...at the moment I have 3 VERY bored children hovering over me like gnats and I can't really 'think' at all right now. Yeah...we've had a few bad days...but, at least we have heat now. I'll get back to you laters (if our power stays on...if not...I'll get to you asap)...I love you lots and keep your chin up...you are a toughy! Good job on the grades too..MWAH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you soon feel more cheerful. Diabetes isn't a good thing, but it can be managed quite successfully! You'll do great! Congrats on your grades and look forward to your program when it is back in your hands. And I'm wishing you the best of health and prosperity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your health hope you get it all in order and feel better. I am glad you have harley to get you moving again. =) Comic creator sounds great.
    HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roses are Red
    Violets are Blue
    I hope that soon things
    start to get better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you get that snowflake cursor?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's getting cold in here now with all this snow falling so I'm going to get back to work. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. I have faith in ya!
    2. And I hope it doesn't get any worse!
    3. That stinks...but I'm glad they caught it before it got worse!
    4. Diet is the best way, so long as you're type 2. You might make sure you always have some of those pills around, just in case!
    5. It sounds like Harley is really good for you!
    6. Just rest and plan for when you CAN get out!
    7. Sounds fun...and right up your alley!
    8. But NOW you had time to BLOG!!! *giggle*
    9. Make him bring it NOW!!!
    10. Hee hee hee...
    Bonus: That's terrific! You're doing so well and such an inspiriation for me when I actually decide to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about the diabetic news, if your lucky diet will regulate it or teh tablets and diet. Do you have to have a glucose test too or are they just taking it from the one blood test?
    Yes that would explain your tiredness but so would the insomnia..
    I hope everything goes well with the surgery and your health improves to 100%. Try and cheer up a lil. Big Hugs!! You can get through it, your a fighter and hey female.. you already won!! LOL. Hugs Lisa.

    ReplyDelete