KUA

KUA

3/28/08

Friday

I'm gonna pass on the Friday Five today. It's a real *thinker* and my brain has decided to take the day off. I thought and thought about five people that I admire ... and believe it or not today I'm unable to come up with more than two!! Pretty sad!! I know there's more. I just can't think of any at the moment!! Oy!!

I took a couple of photos on campus of the snowstorm last night. Beautiful!! Wanted to put 'em in my blog today but realized that I can't. Not without the USB cable for my camera that I loaned to Married Son. So I guess it has to wait a day or two until I get it back.

I had also wanted to get a few photos of the potholes that I have to deal with every time I leave the subdivision. Snow is covering them, so guess that'll have to wait for a day or two. Every spring they fill 'em with a repair patch that never survives the following winter. Every year they get worse! I'm afraid that by next spring those potholes will be large enough to swallow up a small car!! Sad thing is until about ten years ago we lived on dirt roads. Never had the pothole problem we have now. But we've had potholes since year one of paved roads!! Shoddy workmanship at it's finest.

OMG!! It only took me a week but I managed to finish the webpage that we had to design in my photoshop class. Not a working webpage, but a *fake* webpage. Well, not entirely fake, I created my webpage using Married Son's Pilot Car company as my theme. He loves it! We'll use it as our webpage when we get that up and running. Of course, it'll have to be modified a bit, since that's not a photo of one of our vehicles. Still, I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Photobucket

I had never used photoshop before this class. Yeah, I finally caught up with the times. Took me long enough, eh? LOL! Next week we learn how to animate using photoshop. Should be fun!!

I'm outta here. Need to take pop bottles back to the store today. Should be about ten bucks there (at a ten cent refund per bottle/can here in Michigan).  And another twenty bucks from Single Son's pop can stash. Takes me a few hours to do it when we're talking about 300 bottles and cans that have to be sorted by store before hand. Yeah, dummy me buys store brand pops - from three or four different stores. I really need to stop doing that. One store - one brand. Makes bottle refunding so much easier if you're only having to take 'em back to one store! LOL!


11 comments:

  1. I can't think of too many people I admire at this very moment either! OOPS!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa the web page looks good oh and, and and LOL I got an email from some place I'm signed up with yesterday and Adobe Photoshop (http://www.photoshop.com/express/landing.html) is now available free on the web. Its not the full version obviously so am not sure what its capable of but this site says its pretty good regardless.
    Not sure if all states here refund anymore they used to a lot of can recycle places are about where you crush the cans and take them they pay by weight, the schools often have big cages for the cans to be dropped its a good way for them to fundraise without actually asking for money from parents :) Hugs!!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, Thanks!! I'm thrilled with the way the webpage came out, too. Don't have an actual website for it yet, that's still in the works. But at least we have what the page will look like, LOL!!

    I did see that about photoshop free online. It sort of looks to me like it's another photo storage thingie with limited photoshop editing abilities. Looks pretty cool. I'm gonna sign up for it. Just been too lazy today to do it, LOL.

    We have a few recycling centers around locally, too. My ex, Bubba happens to work at one of them - a center funded by local government for citizens of sponsoring cities and villages. Married Son collects a lot of recyclables, too ... makes pretty good money selling the scrap to the recycle shops. Sad thing is, with the economy the way it is out here - it's relatively common now to hear of copper, aluminum and other precious and semi precious metals actually being stolen from homes (occupied or abandoned), businesses and even utility poles. More than a few people have been electrocuted trying to steal the copper from electrical lines!! Yes, LIVE electrical lines!

    Our schools have bottle and can drives, too. I know plenty of parents (myself included) that are happy to donate bottles!! Beats having to store them until they're returned to the store. And you're right, beats having the kid ask for money, too! I also regularly donate bottles I always seem to have floating around in the back of my car to homeless people that I see scrounging the trash for pop bottles. It could be a bottle or two for their *collection* or like the one guy that I saw recently who got about two dozen bottles I had in my trunk. I wish we had more recyclable goods drives around here ... for some reason it's not real big as a fund raiser.

    Oh yeah, I ran out of room in my small car and wasn't able to take many of Single Son's pop cans with me. Didn't want to waste the gas on two trips to the store ... I'll save those for another day! LOL. Anyway ... I had 226 bottles and cans - ... $22.60 in cash. It all went back to the grocery store (and then some!) with the purchases I made today. LOL!

    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like it when my brain doesn't want to co-operate. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cass, what's really sad ... I think I'm getting used to my brain not wanting to cooperate!! It started innocently enough ... momentarily drawing a blank on one of my kids names ... forgetting why I came into a room or why I was going up the stairs ... not remembering my own phone number or address when asked ... losing the car in a parking lot ...
    Guess it just sort of sneaks up on you ... just today, at the grocery store I started to walk away while my purchases were still on the bagging carousel. About all I could do was laugh and tell the obviously much older than myself cashier that I occasionally do that sort of thing. She just laughed.

    I'm just grateful I live in a small house or I just may need GPS to find my way around! Yeah, I wanna be a *pilot* driver, too!!! LOL. Good thing the majority of the time I'll be the second pilot vehicle - the one behind the truck. Heaven help me if I lose a wide-load vehicle! On the rare occasions I'll be the lead driver I will be well equipped with maps and routes - not to mention a CB radio. LOL! Yup, give a job like that to someone who's forgetful. Should make for lots of fun blog entries from the road.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heyyyyy... a GPS to find my way around my house! Why didn't I think of that??? LOL

    Awesome website! I have Adobe photoshop on my computer but I really need to take a class and learn how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pengy, Hey stranger!!!! How you? Miss the hell outta you, girl!!

    My photoshop teacher was saying there's a bunch of sites online for photoshop tutorials. Might want to check some of 'em out. IF I can remember to ask her next Thursday when class meets again I'll see if she'll share a few of her favorite sites with me.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the webpage!
    We don't get money back for recycling but have doorstep collection for glass and plastic bottles, cans, newspapers, magazines and garden rubbish.
    My brain keeps forgettings things too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helen, thanks. I've made a few small changes to the webpage - added personal information that I won't show online. Son's phone number and email addy and such. It changes the appearance of the page quite a bit ... but it still looks great!!

    We have curbside recycling, too. Sad thing is I don't see any of the neighbors recycling anything - there's no recycle bins when they put out their trash. I don't think I've ever even seen a recycling truck in this neighborhood!! And I've lived here for 14 years!!

    Thankfully when Married Son isn't on the road he collects recyclables to earn extra cash. I don't even have to put stuff to the curb - he does all the work involved.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm... who do I admire? I'll get back 2 you on that one.
    You did a gr8 job on the webpage!! luv it! I haven't ever used photoshop either. I bet it is fun to play around with ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Angie, thanks!! I'm lovin' it too!! Warning ... photoshop can be very addictive!!! LOL! If you have photoshop at home, check out the free tutorials online. There's a bunch of them, definitely worth checking out! And gotta love that word FREE!!!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete