OMG!!! Single Son and Alien went grocery shopping today! Can we say over-kill?? We have so many boxes of frozen waffles that they can't all fit in the freezer (ten boxes)! The freezer is full of not only waffles, but a shitload of Goddess only knows what!! The overflow is in the fridge. I didn't dare open the cupboards. Last time I did stuff started falling out!!
Anyone care for a waffle??
My photoshop class was canceled last night because of a death in Teacher's family. So I went with Married Son and Grandson to meet with a local pilot driver at the family diner up the road. She was a wealth of information. Grandson as usual was a hoot!! He was his normal well behaved self. He sat quietly and drew on the back of the paper menu for the two hours we met with this gal. And played with my cell phone. LOL. Ate some of his dinner, but decided it was more fun to play with his onion rings and the hot dog he shared with Gramma. On the way home, Married Son saw a truck for sale that he decided to turn around and go check out. "Daddy made circle" Grandson blurts out! Yup, he sure did. Grandson sure loves trucks, I think he ooh-ed and ahh-ed as much as his Daddy did over the pretty pick up truck we were looking at. Of course, Gramma did her share of ooh-ing and ahh-ing over it, too. I wouldn't mind driving that pretty black Avalanche as my pilot truck, lol.
I really need to figure out how to get these photos off my cell phone!! I keep taking more and more pictures of Grandson! I even had Single Son try to figure it out. Without internet access on the phone we can't figure out *how* to get them to my computer. And, yes ... I checked on data cables for my model of phone. Seems they don't exist. Figures!! Guess my cheapskate butt is gonna have to break down and get internet service on my phone yet!!
Not a whole lot else going on here this weekend. I've got an Econ test on Tuesday that I'll study for. Make some more jewelry to take with me to the doctor's on Monday so his "Vampire" can check 'em out. Clean a little, bag up some bottles and take 'em back to the store. Eat waffles. Thrilling stuff.
I know give a waffle party. =)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good week to me
HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS =)
mmmmm...I love waffles...do you have blueberry? LOL
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like things are going well hun, it's good to hear...love you lots! x0x
I think I'll pass on the waffles, lol...but it's nice that your kids buy food as well as eat it.
ReplyDeleteThat's funny because my freezer is full of waffles too. They were on sale so I stocked up. I have to have a lot on hand because hubby eats 4 to 8 at one sitting. And it's something easy that he and Kit will eat... so bring on the waffles. *grin*
ReplyDeleteDoes your phone or computer have infra red capabilities, if so you may be able to get them from the phone taht way or if not your computer a lot of places that print photos kmart etc where you do it on the self serve machine are bluetooth or infrared capable and you can download them that way. Heck I'm not sure we even have waffles here I'll have to check they sound good though LOL.
ReplyDeleteLOL! Thanks all. We still have seven boxes of waffles in the freezer, but only half a box left in the fridge! A bottle of syrup later ... and we're finally making a dent in the waffle inventory. Well, *they* are. I've only had three waffles so far. LOL.
ReplyDeleteHelen, neither my cell nor my computer are infra-red equipped. I'm too cheap (broke) to take 'em to K-fart and have 40 + photos printed. Oh ... maybe the computer lab at school can help me out!! I never thought of that until now!
Aquacatt, yup, that's why Son bought so many of them. They were on sale. 10/$10!! I don't think he realized that he can buy less and still only pay a buck for each box.
Em ... yup, he's pretty good about buying food for the house. Now to get him to clean up after he cooks or eats! LOL!
Hannah, sorry no blueberry waffles. I do have blueberry muffin mix around here, though. LOL.
Cass ... PARTEEEEEEEEEE!!
LMAO...Ohh the male mind!!
ReplyDeleteYup, the male mind ... what can I say? LMAO!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou know I do believe sometimes they were sent just so we had something to amuse ourselves with hahaha
ReplyDeleteHelen ... ain't that the truth!! All this fun and it didn't cost me a dime. Of course, *he* spent over $300 in the grocery store, but it wasn't MY money LOL!!!!
ReplyDeleteNext week we teach him to LOOK in the cupboards and fridge (freezer) before shopping so he knows just how much crap they will hold when he returns from the store!!
We'll tackle the concepts of making grocery lists later. One thing at a time ... one thing at a time!! LMAO!!!!!
ROFLMAO OMG your killing me here, I love it!!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah the one thing at a time I understand kinda sad really but extremely funny LOL.
If I didn't laugh ... Oh, if I didn't laugh!! My cupboards are overflowing. Old Mother Hubbard would never have had the nursery rhyme written about her cupboards had she lived with my son!! I have to move two dozen bananas, a can of coffee, a box of hot chocolate and goddess only knows what else just to use the coffee pot. There's crap all over the counters because there's NO ROOM. The really sad thing is a few years back we remodeled the kitchen. I never thought we'd ever fill all those beautiful empty cupboards. Now I wish I had a walk in pantry!! Hmmmmm ...
ReplyDeleteIs he scared there will be a food shortage and he wont be able to stock up another week? LOL
ReplyDeleteI do all the shopping here and I have a tendency to keep it to a minimum otherwise it just collects up and gets pushed into teh back of the cupboard.
Helen, LOL!!! I think it's more of the kids having grown up with my very strict grocery budgets and not always having a big selection of food in the cupboards and fridge ... now it seems he's more than making up for it! LOL! At least for the most part he's buying healthy foods, and no junk foods. LOL!! A cop who's passing on the donut aisle. Go figure.
ReplyDeleteOh he needs retraining donuts are good!! LOL
ReplyDeleteMy mother has this big thing about soap and toilet paper, after dad died and she had seven kids at home those were the things that ran out first and her pension was like $60 a firtnight to feed, clothe, pay rent and bills with, she still has issues LOL even after 40 years
Helen, don't tell me that! Toilet paper is an issue here, too. We're always running out! Soap isn't an issue since I buy the flowery scented liquid body soap. But I can see myself a few years from now. Empty nest but dammit I've got a case of TP in the linen closet!!
ReplyDeleteI agree, he needs retraining!! There's nothing sadder than a donut-less cop!!
Lol it can be overcome, I used to have the same issue but I managed to get over it, theres nothing worse than running out though!!
ReplyDeleteLOL @There's nothing sadder than a donut-less cop!!
We buy TP by the case here but it never lasts long. There's nothing more frustrating than sitting down to do your business and not having the paper to finish the job afterwards! It's so I hide a few half rolls in the bathroom - I keep an empty tampon box under the sink just to put TP in. Experience, what can I say?
ReplyDeleteAll this talk about TP lately I had a dream last night that I was apartment hunting. I turned down apartment after apartment because the linen closests weren't big enough to hold all the extra toilet paper, shampoo and soap that I thought they should hold. I never did find the perfect apartment in my dream!!
OMG... too funny!! I went out a little bit ago to run some quick errands. There was a cop ahead of me on the road. He turned into the donut shop!! I about busted a gut laughing. A quick stop at the store I had to stop at and five minutes later I'm headed home only to see that very same cop now assisting in an accident in front of the donut shop. The donut was on his dash board!! Too funny!!!
OMG Your dreaming about TP soap and shampoo.. thats really bad! Funny but not good lol!
ReplyDeleteThank goodness he got his donut safely stowed away on the dash lmao see your son he just doesnt have the donut thing sorted out yet.
I bought some today all this got me wanting one but when I took a bite it was so sweet, I ate it all mind you but it wasnt enjoyable... LOL typical!!