KUA

KUA

8/19/08

No Ten Thoughts Tuesday Today

I'm bushed. I've been on the go all day long. Literally.

It started early this morning with going to school and meeting with my counselor. After an hour and a half wait that is. Got what I needed straightened out with him, and finally got registered for classes. Good thing, too. Nothing like waiting until almost the last minute to get things done. Because of that most of my class choices were closed. I did manage to get four classes I need for my degree. BUT, three of them are on another campus. Oh well. It's only for 15 weeks. I'll manage. You better believe I'm not going to proscratinate next semester's registration!!

I got my books for the one class at my home campus. Then headed over to get books for the other campus. You'd think I'd be used to the high cost of books by now, but I'm not. Sticker shock every time I have to buy a course book. Thank Heavens my grant pays for them or I'd never have books! $500 for four books today!! Then I headed to the dollar store for school supplies. There was NO way I was spending $4.50 for a notebook at school knowing the dollar store has notebooks for $0.50!!

At the grocery store I ran into an old friend. We stood in the parking lot forever it seems and talked! We haven't seen each other since our kids were in elementary school together. Boy did we have a lot of catching up to do.

Got home in time for dinner. But noooo ... Mom called needing me to come right over. She wasn't feeling well at all and needed me to get dinner for Dad. She was just too weak to do it. Sooooooo ... Dad and I went out to dinner. Brought home a carry out for Mom. Sat with her while she ate. Thankfully she was feeling better after eating. I wouldn't need to spend the night at the condo.

And now I'm bushed. Gonna head off to bed shortly. I have another one of those days ahead of me tomorrow.


4 comments:

  1. Hope you managed to get some sleep and today is a bit easier than yesterday =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow did I sleep!! Didn't wake up until just after 11 AM! I haven't done that in years! I feel great. I'll get done what I get done, lol, I'm not going to run around like a chicken with my head cut off. The day is already half over ... OOPS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope your classes start better than mine..ours started today and one (online class) not only hasn't the books in but there are no friggin' syllabus, assignments, or anything posted...and not even a note from the teacher explaining why....what makes it so ironic is that this is a "professional communications" course....

    ReplyDelete
  4. We start back to school on August 28. Lordy I hope it goes smoother than you've experienced. That is sooo not the way to start a class. Especially a communications class!!

    I'm taking professional communications, too. I sure hope it starts off on a better note!

    ReplyDelete