KUA

KUA

8/28/08

Professional Communication - First day of class ...

Got there early. Too early!! Sat in the car for a while, eating a sandwich and just watching people pass by.

I found the room with no problem. I've got to say they have the rooms well marked. Good directional signage, too. Never got lost, never had to stop and ask for directions. So ... I get there way early. Have about a half of an hour to kill before the Prof even shows up to unlock the door!

Now the confusion begins, LOL. This is supposed to be an English class. We're in a computer lab. Ah ... that's why ... half the class is COMPUTER TIME! Oy!

The first half hour is spent talking about the Prof. I'm not sure what I think of him yet ... he can't be all bad, though. He admitted to being a Trekkie. Not as die-hard as yours truly, but hey ... gotta respect a man who can admit publicly to being addicted.

And yes, when it came to student introductions I admitted to being a Trekkie too. I knew no one would laugh, not if they wanted to stay in the Prof's favor anyway. Got a bunch of questions from everyone about what Trekkies do.

This prof likes to get out of class early. Yay!! As long as lecture and in class assignments are done we can leave early. He's a smoker, too ... so you know he won't skimp out on breaks, LOL. Oh, and best of all, NO homework!! Double Yay!!

Now I just hope it works out as well with my study buddy for this class. Young kid, seems nice enough but he's really shy. I get the feeling I'll be doing most of the talking during our class presentations, LOL!

Off to bed ... classes tomorrow bright and early.


13 comments:

  1. Because you are a WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

    So, what DO Trekkies do?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two Trekkies in the one class will they be able to handle it? LOL
    Sounds like a good class so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenda ... That's right!! Someone finally designed plain, simple and direct signs for what's where on campus. Must have been a woman!! Had a man designed it, I'd probably be wandering around STILL lost!! Oy!

    when not running around in a Star Trek uniform (or sanctioned polo shirt, LOL) we do a lot of things ... fund raising activities, a book club (sci-fi books of course), and a lot of star trek talk. I'd personally love to tie two of my loves together - Star Trek and miniatures. Make a miniature of "Ten Forward" (the personnel lounge from the Next Generation series) and display it at the various functions. But that won't happen until I get this degree!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, not only TWO trekkies, but he's also a Titaniac, parent to adult children, and he and his wife are grandparents to an almost three year old ... I had to laugh when he was telling the class about his *guest room* policy -- three days and you GO HOME ... yup - parents of adults!! He knows at least one student will appreciate tales of his adventures, LMAO.

    This is gonna be a good class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I wanna go back to school now! Wanna babysit my 2YO demon child for me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leann, ummmm ... ummmmmm, sorry, I'm in class I can't babysit the demon child.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's what they all say, Lisa!

    *giggle*

    Nah...I know I've got to wait a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, she can't be *that* bad, can she? Mmmmm, wait, I've read your blogs! Kidding ... she's a cutie. Too cute to be a demon child.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She plans to use her dimples and charm TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!

    (Insert evil laughter!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL!!!!! It's working, too!! Every time I see her picture I oooh and awwww over what a cutie she is!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks...I'll let you know the next time I post her on Craigslist! Hehehehe...unfortunately, she's about as moody as she is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I *love* craigslist!!!! LOL! I have one of those ... ALIEN!!

    Did you hear about that woman in New York that posted an ad for a live in nanny? Honest, scary ... and she found a fool to do the job. Hehehe ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yeah sounds like your really going to enjoy yourself! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete