KUA

KUA

8/9/08

Saturday Six

1) I just realized that I haven't heard barky dog in a while. Night or day, it's been Barky free for days. Hmmmmm, could it be they sent him off? Then again, two kids under the age of three, and another on the way I'm betting Barky's gone for good.

2) My mom had her cat put to sleep yesterday. Abbey was 16 years old and recently was in a lot of pain. Mom decided the other day that she just couldn't bear to see Abbey so miserable any longer. The vet agreed. Mom's taking it better than I thought she would.

3) Yeah!! I found out late yesterday that my Pell Grant application went through. It'll be another week before I know how much I qualified for.

4) Why is that people don't think a woman can give directions? I was at the gas station eariler today ... some guy came in looking for directions to a city about 50 miles north of here. The man who started giving him directions had him going in the opposite direction. So I piped up with BETTER directions, directions that would actually get him where he needed to be. No one would believe me until some guy interupted with "the little lady is right, just follow her directions".

5) I bought a new diabetic bracelet on eBay on Wednesday. It was in today's mail. I'm really impressed with the service this eBay-er gave. It's the quickest I've ever recieved something. I'm totally happy with the product, too. It's one of those Italian Charm bracelets - with a "Diabetic" triple link charm. I also got Alien an "allergic to penicillin" triple link. And I bought myself a fun charm, too, a lighthouse. All together the order didn't cost me what a diabetic alert bracelet would have cost me locally.

6) Well I should probably turn the computer off. There's a weather alert for a bad storm headed this way. Lots of thunder and lightening. We know how my Gremlin loves to mess things up, best if I shut down until the storms pass - or risk losing another computer to a lightening strike.


4 comments:

  1. 1. No more all night barking sessions..how will you cope? LOL
    2. Aww that's sad but its kinder to the animal if they are in pain.
    3. Woohoo.
    4. Uhmm because you know the alpha male and all that.. it's a wonder he even stopped and asked for directions LOL
    5. Gotta love good deals.. I do! haha
    6. Hope the storm doesnt last long and isnt too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had some awful weather, it's been like winter here - torrential rain and very cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all...OMG I am still laughing at that Squirrel....Git your own...LOLOLOL


    1) Or did you feed him posion meat?

    2) oh dear....RIP Abbey. 16 is very old for cat! My thoughts are will your mother! Losing a pet is never easy!

    3) Woo HOOO!

    4) I think people know women can give directions but men just don't know how to use them!

    5) I have never had a bad experience on Ebay!

    6) I just wish we had some warm enough weather to get thunderstorms

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! Update:
    1) Barky is back. He resurfaced last night. Guess I didn't dig the hole deep enough? KIDDING!! Really!! I'm suspecting they sent him to Obedience School. I'm also suspecting he flunked the SHUT UP DOG segment. Damn thing made up for lost time last night.

    2) Abbey was actually my brothers cat. The brother that died fifteen years ago. Mom really became attached to Abbey after his death. I'm surprised she's taking it so well, considering.

    3) Yippee!!! But the school still doesn't have the paperwork, so I still don't know how much of a grant I'll be getting.

    4) And I'll keep giving directions. It's up to them if they wanna trust the directions of a female. LOL ... I look at it this way - and I almost told the guy the other day - Hey, I know where I am, you don't ... seems maybe I know the roads around here, ya think? But I didn't. LOL!

    5) True, I haven't either. However, three days from ordering to receiving package is awesome!!

    6) We've developed chilly weather here lately, too. I'm loving it!! Tomorrow should be back to normal August weather. I'm not looking forward to it. I hate heat and humidity.

    ReplyDelete