KUA

KUA

8/22/08

Friday Five ...

The Late George Carlin wrote a piece about "Stuff".  Your stuff, my stuff, where we put out stuff, and our attachment to our stuff.  Read here: http//www.jefallbright.net/node/1581

For this weeks Friday Five, go around your home and pick our 5 of your "stuff". However this weeks exercise will be very specific on where you get the "stuff".

1. Pick an item from your junk drawer, junk container....where ever you keep your extra "junk" that your not sure when or if you are going to need at some point in the future.

Oh where to start!! I have a junk ROOM. A place where I am storing junk as I sort and decide what I'm going to do with it ... let's see ... the first thing my eyes set upon in this room is a laundry basket filled with 28 years worth of children's books. I keep meaning to have my son take them home with him for his son ...

2. Pick a book off  your book shelf...it can be a book, magazine, newspaper...etc.

Closing my eyes and just grabbing the first book I touch ... "Soft Furnishings for Dollhouses" ... a how-to book on making all sorts of dollhouse furnishings.

3. Pick a movie that you have, you've borrowed, down loaded, stole from someone because you liked it so much you keep forgetting to give it back....

Dragnet - Season 1 - borrowed. No reason for not returning it, I borrowed it from the son who lives with me. So it's not like it'll never get back to him. Maybe that explains why he won't loan me his copy of the Cops 20 Year Anniversary Edition!!

4. Pick an article of clothing in your closet or dresser.

Doing the close the eyes and grab the first thing I touch thing again ... the college hoodie I just bought. I so can't wait for cooler weather so I can wear it!

5. Pick a food from your fridge or pantry.

Closing eyes once again ... I pull out Ramen Noodles. Yup, pretty much sums my dinner choices up. Quick and easy. No fuss, no muss.

List your 5, and tell us why you feel that "stuff" is important to you, what it says about you.

Now for a bonus pick, what is that secret guilty pleasure "stuff" that you didn't want to put on the above list because you thought it might make you look silly or strange or feel stupid for writing it and letting a bunch of folks know about?  Come up...we all have some "stuff" we don't tell everyone about!  Let's have fun!

A pantry food, LOL. There's a box of Honey Nut Cheerios sitting near me. I love munching on the dry cereal while watching late night tv.

And....all you Friday Fivers, have a fantastic weekend! 

14 comments:

  1. I used to have a junk room in my house but I needed it as a childs bedroom. I now have a bedroom which has childrens things in it but it does need sorting out. I can not hold on to things forever have to let go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey Nut Cheerios are a great snack! I'll pass on the Ramen Noodles. :)

    dale

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about the Ramen Noodles in my cupboard--or maybe I should say, I want to forget about the Ramen Noodles in my cupboard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ramen noodles is probably what I'm having for supper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Honey Nut Cheerios! ....my secret...I stir a spoon full of peanutbutter into it! Now...don't say gross until you have tried it, if you like p.b. at all, you'll love it!
    Great list, this has been a lot more fun than I thought it would be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the link came up with weirdness for moi. LOL
    This is pretty neat I like it might do it later I have 'stuff' LOL
    I have a lot of kids books I'm keeping for my grandkids not all of them just a few..like some of the original noddy books before they became politically correct.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What would we do without Ramen? ;^) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cereal is probably a better munchie than microwave butter popcorn..I had to remove from my cabinets... I have a closet I'm afraid to open the door and what will come tumbling out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Frosted Cheerios are a staple at my house. I eat a bowl once or twice a day! Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool "stuff" hon, honey nut cheerios are one of my favourites too! :-D Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete