Description:
Recipe source unknown.
Ingredients:
32 wrapped hard red candies
1-18 oz ready make refrigerator sugar cookie dough
1/2 c. flour
Directions:
1. Preheat oven as directed on cookie package. Line baking sheet with waxed paper and set aside. Unwrap candies and set aside.
2. Use a knife to slice dough into 1/2 inch thick rounds. Rub flour on your rolling pin then roll each dough wedge to about 1/4 inch thickness. Next use the cookie cutter to make 16 to 18 circles.
3. Then cut individually shaped gashes and wound openings into each cookie dough circle using the butter knife. Each wound should be uniquely shaped and no bigger than 2 to 3 inches around. Jagged edges made randomly with the butter knife on the inner circle will make wounds look true to life.
4. Carefully place wounds on lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Place baking sheet into the oven and bake for about 7 minutes. Carefully remove them from the oven but do not turn oven off.
5. Carefully place 2 hard candies in the center of each wound. Return baking sheet to the oven and continue baking for three minutes, until the hard candies have melted into fresh bloody wound openings.
6. Cool the teacakes on the trays for about 3 minutes, then use a flat metal spatula to carefully transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 16 to 18.
sounds deliciously yucky. How long is it till Halloween?
ReplyDeleteMyscha, about two months until Halloween, I think. Which coincidently is about how many weeks of twice weekly postings of recipes I have left - then on to some other type of recipe out of my vast collection. LOL. I have Harry Potter recipes, Star Trek recipes, and ... and ... oh, I forget right now, but I have a lot of fun (and unique) recipes.
ReplyDeleteWhen my sons were little we used to do a lot of cooking with the Gross Grub and Creepy Cuisine recipe books. Didn't matter what time of year it was, we'd pull out the books and have some gruesome fun!. However, on Halloween we'd really go nuts with the creepy foods.
Glad you're enjoying the recipes!!
I'm so wishing this had an accompanying picture. lol!
ReplyDeleteWe do peanut butter eyeballs every year for Halloween. I think we might be adding to our repertoire this year...you've inspired me! :o)
maavax, I wish I had pictures for all of these recipes!!
ReplyDeleteOh, peanut butter eyeballs, do tell!! Do tell!!
Hmmm...to the best of my recollection:
ReplyDelete1 small jar smooth peanut butter
2 sticks of softened butter
1/2 bag of powdered sugar
Mix them together until the mixture is smooth and kind of tacky.
Freeze two Butterfinger candy bars and shatter them, then fold the shattered bits into the mixture. (Freezing them makes sure the chocolate doesn't stick to the wrapper when you pound on them. lol!)
Take spoonfuls of the mixture and roll into balls, placing them on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. Put them in the fridge for three or four hours (or overnight).
When the balls are firm, coat them in melted white chocolate or almond bark. Put them back in the fridge.
When the coating is hard, decorate them with a dab of blue or green frosting with a brown Reese's Pieces stuck in the middle to make it look like an eye - then use red frosting to make them bloodshot.
Last year, I carried this tray around with me while we were trick-or-treating, and gave them to the adults that we passed by. :o)
maavax, Looks absolutely gross! Eye love it!! I mean ... I love it ...
ReplyDeleteYou wouldn't mind if I posted this recipe, would you? I'll give you full credit, of course!!
Sure, go ahead...though I can't honestly remember where I got the idea. We've been making them every year since we got married. :o)
ReplyDeletemaavax, thanks!!! It'll be the first one I post next Sunday - the next Gross Grub recipe day, lol.
ReplyDeleteI'll definitely have to make these ... probably before Halloween, too. A sick joke of sorts - see, my daughter Alien has a lazy eye, real bad lazy eye. She's facing possible surgery. She's got a great sense of humor about it ... she says that while she drives she doesn't have a blind spot, thanks to having the lazy eye looking out the left side of the car, past where the normal driver can comfortably see.
Well, now you know what to bring her as a get-well gift if she ever does get that surgery. lol!
ReplyDeleteLOL! Really!! And I can see them all lined up nicely on the serving plate ... the ones on the right looking straight ahead, the ones on the left looking off to the side. Mybad ...
ReplyDeleteI wonder if I can find an eyeball plate to commemorate the occasion ... hmmmmmm ...
OMG!! I just googled "eyeball plate" and came up with all sorts of eyeball related stuff ... a stuffed animal (gotta get that for her, too), plates, napkins ... all sorts of goodies!! http://www.madmartian.com/eyes/eye_menu_deco.htm
ReplyDeleteThat is hysterical!! LOL! I love the internet. :oP
ReplyDelete