I had my first real low blood sugar episode this morning on the way to school. Kind of scary ... and I'm really not wanting it to happen again anytime soon. Or ever for that matter. One nice thing I discovered, lol, apparently my face and arms turn beet red when my blood sugar drops too low. Now if that's not a dead give-away that something's wrong I don't know what is. One banana and about two hours later and I was back to my normal Michigan pale.
Holy cow, Batman!! I'm going to be buried under a mountain of homework this semester. All of my instructors love assigning homework! Three chapters, two sections on the computer disk that accompanies the text book and a paper in one class. A chapter, a paper and a research paper outline in another. The third wants two chapters read, a paper and TWO speech outlines. All due next week. And I still haven't started the one class, Starting/Operating a Small Business. Something tells me this instructor will be giving out a lot of homework, too.
The HAM radio class has been delayed a few weeks. Probably a good thing, lol. It'll give me time to get into a pattern with my college courses. Since the HAM class isn't for a grade, but for preparation in taking the HAM license test, I can miss the class and just study out of the book. The class is really more of a study group, with a knowledgeable instructor there to answer questions and clarify anything that's not understood. I will have to be present the day of the test since it's administered by the FCC. No biggie, the semester will be over by the test date.
Other than that, not a whole lot going on.
Back to the books. Will hopefully catch up with ya'll this weekend.

Wow, how overwhelming! I hope you can get all that done! I also hope you have no more low blood sugar episodes. Scary.
ReplyDeleteTake care, no passing out around all that homework...you could be crushed!
ReplyDeleteLOVE your new pic...what's the dif between the Friday five and Friday thoughts??? LOL
ReplyDeletethe beet red is handy for letting others know...but did *you* know? not everyone can tell they're getting low, and if you're not near a mirror or you're wearing long sleeves, turning red won't alert you....
ReplyDeletealso, that homework smiley down there is great!
Yikes that would have been scary ~ do you feel weird too ~ wonky or lightheaded? Glad you got it under control would have scared the crap outta me!
ReplyDeleteOhh all that work dont get snowed under and make sure you take breaks and eat!
Add 120 more pages, a group project and some *field* research to this week's agenda. Think I'll come up for air about NEVER at this rate ...
ReplyDeleteDi, thanks. I'm figuring out a good schedule here. Basically every waking moment is spent with some text book in my hand.
Thanks, Pengy!! That's about what my study area looks like, too ... only not so organized!
Kitty Kat, lol ... yeah, I'd be crushed for sure! LOL . Doing much better today with things, feel a lot better than I did yesterday ...
Vicki, Friday Five is a group that I belong to. Every Friday there's a theme submitted by a member - five questions we have to answer. Friday thoughts are just my own thoughts. Random (or not) thoughts of what's been going on. I wasn't creative enough to come up with some other title for that blog. Sorry for any confusion.
Helen, the only symptom I had was that my face and arms turned red. Oh, and when I walked I got a little light-headed. Otherwise, I felt fine. I think what scared me the most was not knowing what to expect. I made sure to let the gal sitting next to me in class know I wasn't feeling well, and that I'm diabetic. That way IF I had passed out someone would have known what was going on ... and hopefully not freak out. Now I know what to expect, not that I'm planning on that ever happening again, but I know what to watch for so I don't get to the point where I'll pass out.
HUGS!!