1) Beware if you live in the Suburban Detroit area. There's a scam going around ... caller poses as a DTE employee (the local electric company) and wants to verify your name and billing address. They then run a pre-recorded shut off message - stating that if you don't pay some unrealistically high past due bill your power will be shut off the next day. THIS IS A SCAM!! They tried to hit me with it today. I didn't give them any information - telling them "look you called me. You know my information, it's on the computer monitor in front of you" ... I hung up and immediately called DTE at the number they have on their monthly bills because I KNOW my bill is current and wanted to see if they knew about this newest scam. The *real* DTE operator told me that DTE will never call to verify your personal information (it's up to you to update your information) - nor will they combine calls with a human asking for verification (which they don't do anyway) AND a shut off recording. So, beware if you live in the DTE service area!!
2) Toilet paper. Who uses the last of the toilet paper and notifies NO ONE that we're out? Luckily I keep a stash of 1/4 rolls hidden in a drawer in the bathroom cabinet for just such emergencies. Damn Gremlin!!
3) For the last few days I've been hearing a weird sound coming from my car from time to time. Had Married Son come out and look at it. His diagnosis isn't good. Seems the car is in the early throes of it's death dance. I'm no mechanic and really can't convey what it is that's wrong with the car (even though Son told me, I don't recall mechanical stuff very well). He said there's a 50/50 chance that when this part goes bad (air conditioner clutch) that the car will either survive or not depending on if the a/c valve (I think he called it) is either opened or closed at the time. Great ... I just love those gambles. NOT. See, I told you I can't convey mechanical stuff for beans.
4) School is going well. I think I'm finally caught up with my homework for the week. Just in time, too. Wednesday starts my school week. A viscous cycle it is ... get caught up - get slammed, caught up, slammed (sort of like the laundry, eh? LOL).
5) Got my new cell phone yesterday. I'm lovin' it. Now to figure out all of the new buzzers and bells this thing has on it. It's a Samsung r450. Nice phone. QWERTY keyboard. Internet access. Bunches of things I have to figure out, when I have time!!
6) Yeah, fall is finally here!! The temps at night are perfect. Now to lose that heat during the day. They're predicting 80 degrees tomorrow. I'm soooo ready for cooler temps!!
7) Been keeping up with ya'll in email updates. Still not leaving many comments, but know I'm keeping up when I can.
8) Ummmmmm ... stumbling for thoughts already. This isn't good ... nope ... nothing ... so here I end this with something I snagged from Terry's blog.
9) I got this from Terry's blog ...
| Your Autumn Test Results |
![]() When you are happiest, you are calm. You appreciate tradition and family. You enjoy feeling cozy. You embrace change. You love change. You see change as a rebirth. You find solitude to be the most comforting thing in the world. Being alone with your thoughts feels very peaceful. Your ideal day is spent in contemplation. You enjoy a quiet day where you can take time to think and day dream. You tend to live in the moment. You enjoy whatever is going on, and you don't obsess over the past or future. |

OMG, Toilet paper gremlin! I think the gremlins are male, don't you?
ReplyDeleteI love getting new phones, I had that my contract is for 18 months! I can't get a new one for anohter 8 months or so! My husband just got the Apple IPOD touch....I am now leaning towards the IPHONE cause its so cool!
ReplyDeleteHomework! ewwwwwwwwww!
ReplyDelete1. Thats what I always do tell them you called me LOL.
ReplyDeleteOur Telco does it all the time, they ask so they know they got the right person but I never play along and it always upsets them haha
3. Bugger! Hope that its in the correct position TO NOT BREAK!
5. Woohoo..new phone. You got it b4 the other one died..wtg!
Tell Alien no way can she come to Chicago there's no room and I'm way too old she'd be bored silly lolololol
That's smart to do with the toilet paper! Isnt' it funny how the more people that are in a house the fewer that will tell you you're almost out of TP???
ReplyDeleteI'll keep my fingers crossed that your car hangs in there!