KUA

KUA

11/18/08

Ten Thoughts Tuesday ...

1) Another week has passed too quickly! Seems like only yesterday I was sitting here trying to come up with ten thoughts. Oh wait, I *was* here (at the computer) yesterday trying to come up with ten thoughts - for this damned Pro Communication research paper. Grrrrrrr.

2) So ... let's see ... ten thoughts ... hmmmmmm ... no make that nine ... no eight, cause I have a feeling I'm gonna need all the help I can get this week coming up with a full ten thoughts.

3) Single Son came home the other day to find a "Dear John" letter on his desk. Yup, they broke up. Weird thing is that only the week before *she* had brought up the topic of marriage. Now she's saying she's too co-dependent on him (her words) and moved out while he was at work. Weird thing is, I was home, locked in my room studying, when she moved out . I never heard her leave!

4) So it's just me and Single Son living here. And that's about to change. NO!! No one else is moving in. It looks like Single Son may be leaving the nest, too. He was laid off last month from his job as security at one of the *Big Three* (he's only working his COP job now) ... he's been applying for Law Enforcement jobs literally all over the country. The one he really wants has requested he fly in for further interviewing. I won't say too much about it now ... don't wanna jinx it for him, you know? This would be a great opportunity for him.

5) Looks like the empty nest could be only weeks away for me. As much as I want it, I've been rather depressed all day. Maybe it's because should he take this job, he'll be moving hundreds of miles away. No more late night spontaneous talks. Well, that's not exactly true, we both have Skype on our computers.

6) I asked Married Son if he'd come over to help me sort the stuff all the kids still have here. Get it into storage. Help me organize the house, since I can't do any real heavy lifting anymore. He said he would, but I'm sure once the house is back to normal he'll want to move back in (or store more crap here!) ...

7) OMG! I just realized ... I'll be able to start FlyLady again!! Yeah!! It's been hard with kids moving in and out these past few years. Boxes appear out of nowhere ... people try to undo what I've organized and I just can't seem to get caught up with it all. So I gave up. It'll be nice to have a clean, organized house again.

8) Great, like I really have time to dive into a total reorganization of the house. I'm lucky to get the dishes done with all this freaking homework. Thankfully there's a nice month-long break between terms so I'll be able to get something accomplished.

9) I may be jumping the gun here ... Single Son hasn't had his face-to-face interview yet. He leaves this coming Sunday. We won't know until later in the week what the outcome is.

10) Wow. I made it to ten ... barely. Since most of it was pretty much related - just broken down into nifty segments. I'm good like that. Now if I could only put my thoughts into words and get them down on paper for this freaking Pro Communications class.



Post Script ...
6 PM and Married Son and Grandson came to hang out. They brought their dog Hondo with them. Nights like this only reinforce my NEED for the empty nest (which I am soon to experience methinks). I was on my bed playing with my cat Ringo, their dog Hondo and Grandson ... Hondo was a little too hyper for Ringo's likes but Ringo didn't hiss (much) or attempt to strike out at Hondo. On a side note, Ringo being a rescue cat, I strongly suspect he was around dogs from how he reacted to his first exposure to Hondo the Hyper Pup. Soooooo ... got 'em all calmed down to where they were laying on the bed. UNTIL Hondo peed on my bed! Yes ... the dog wet the bed! Much as I love Married Son and Grandson, they sure bring a lot of noise and chaos with them. Oh, and a goofy hyper-pup named Hondo.

Glad it happened tonight (minus the doggy-peed bed) ... suddenly I'm far from sad about the possibility of the empty nest.

       

11 comments:

  1. Great thoughts.... I am one not waiting for the empty nest. I will really miss them like crazyy....I know yyou will as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I remember your Flylady thing - didn't realize you'd given it up......and trust me - you will soon learn to enjoy an empty nest......there is magic in opening the refrigerator and finding everything you want to eat right where you left it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tish ... I'm actually looking forward to the empty nest. I love my kids ... but after 29 years of being a parent with at least one kid living here (most of those years as a single mom) I am soooooo ready for ME time. That's why I'm in college now. I'll get my degree in May of 2010 ... the same time Alien graduates high school. It's no coincidence that it works this way ... Once she graduates (or the original plan was before she moved out last week) she and I go our seperate ways. She's dreamed most of her life about turning 18 and being on her own. And if Single Son gets this job out of state ... well, the nest is empty a year ahead of schedule. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em, Ummmm ... FlyLady ... yeah, I gave it up. Too stressful with all the chaos and confusion that goes on around here. Told 'em that the revolving door is being removed ... and that I will only keep whatever they need stored IF it fits within the confines of my basement. That way I can hack at the junk they still have here and not have to worry about one of them adding to it in the future.

    I can't see my fridge becoming anything magic ... not until Married Son and family move out of state. He still loves to come over and raid my fridge (and cupboards). I just can't see that ending anytime soon. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the dog pee isnt good LOL

    I'm looking forward to no kids..I'm sure I'll have 5 mins here and there when I'll miss them but life is so much easier when they aren't here LOL. I like my space and they invade it too often!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen Helen!! I know I'll miss 'em, too ... but I'm sure I'll get over it once I have some space ... and toilet paper not mysteriously disappearing ... and food in the fridge (unless Married Son raids the fridge) ... and ... and ... OH!! I'll actually know where the scissors are because I'll have put them away where they B.E.L.O.N.G. and no one will have moved them on me!!

    Yup, I think I will be able to cope with an empty nest ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too what you said and and and changing a toilet roll and clean bathrooms and and and let me at it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. and ... oh dream of my dreams ... dishes not stacked up in the sink ... OR under the bed ... 90% less garbage to put to the curb every week ... keys left where I put them ... front door left CLOSED in the winter and OPEN in the summer ... no blasting music late at night when I have to be up early the following morning for school ... no waiting for the ONLY bathroom in the house to be free ... no one to tweak up the thermometer behind my back ... or steal my computer when I need it ...

    or ... no one to talk to late at night when I can't sleep ... no one to split a forbidden candy bar with (shhhh ... mums the word, eh?) ...

    alright, alright ... so it won't all be fun and games ...

    At least they'll still come over to mow the lawn, rake the leaves and shovel the snow and want only a free meal as payment (guess who?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so you'll get to blog instead or chat on messenger and you can have the other half of the candy bar the next day or week. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol ... we chat and message and text here now ... with Single Son being in his room downstairs!! Talk about a geek family. Today Single Son installed Skype on Married Son's computer. The two of them were in Single Son's room ... they called me on Skype to "test it out" ... got into a conference call ... with the three of us under the same freaking roof no less. GEEKS!!

    Having something left over to eat the next day ... reminds me of something called left-overs. Haven't seen a left-over here in decades. Literally. Wow ... Can you imagine? My grocery bill will be cut down to ... to ... OMG ... you know the savings I'll see in my grocery bill? Dang ... with the stores I shop at, I bet I won't spend more than about $40 a week - and that's for a healthy diet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. see look at all the good stuff.. I love it when the kids arent here for dinner, its so easy to cook for just me and Mark the quantity is soo much less LOL

    ReplyDelete