First full day of the *Occupation*
Started with Grandson POUNDING on my bedroom door at ... I don't know what hour ... "Gramma, wake up." Thankfully Single Son was also awake, heard the pounding and came running (he forgot they were here, LOL).
He rescued me by putting in one of his DVDs in the DVD player in his room ... Fraggle Rock!! Oh how I love the Fraggles!
And where is Married Son or DIL you ask? DIL's at work ... Married Son is in his room, sound asleep!! I had to actually force myself to remember he was up all night - working from 11 PM until about 6 AM when I heard him come in.
However ... we're going to have to figure something out here. And quick before my sanity (or homework) suffers!
I keep telling myself it's only the first full day they've been here. That we'll fall into a routine soon. That may be true ... but ... and as much as I love Grandson ... that routine will not include being taken advantage of as a live-in babysitter.
Alright ... they're quiet downstairs in Single Son's room ... Grandson is really getting into Fraggle Rock ... I'm loving this ...
Time to step away from the computer and finish reading Chapters 1 and 2 of my Business Law textbook.

It's going to be a tough adjustment. Who would normally take care of grandson when DIL was at work and Son was sleeping?
ReplyDeleteNormally it would have been her mother watching Grandson under those circumstances. However, they had a major falling out the other day. So I guess that Nana as a sitter is out, at least for a while until this crap blows over. It could be days, it could be months. And knowing Nana, it'll be months. She's one stubborn cookie.
ReplyDeleteAnd no, I haven't got to the homework yet. LOL. Actually sat down with DILs work schedule, Married Sons sleep schedule, my school and study schedule and the housework schedule. Trying to work out a solution here ... an absolute time during each day when the *do not disturb Gramma* rules have to apply.
Bad girl...go do your homework....
ReplyDeleteLOL!! Fraggle Rock lasted for a while. Married Son woke up a little bit ago, now Grandson refuses to watch the tv! My bedroom door has become a revolving door, I tell ya! I try to ignore him (boy do I feel bad having to do that, but it's the only way to study!) ... Stopped long enough to roll a pack of ciggies (yes, I roll my own ciggies, lol) ... to which Grandson went into action ... he created a door out of my old drawing board - blocked access to the computer corner and has been saying "You can't do homework, Grandma, I locked you out. Ha ha. Now you have to play with me". So I sat on my bed, face buried in my textbook ... ignoring him until he gave up. "You're no fun, Gramma" he said as he left my room. Back to the books while I can. LOL!
ReplyDeleteFraggle Rock, havent seen that in years LOL
ReplyDeleteOhh the wake up call had me cringing. I hope you can get a happy solution worked out yikes!
Wasn't that a great wake up call? NOT! It wasn't a little knock either ... it was a pounding - more like an adult would do (if they're pissed off and want to get someone's attention that is).
ReplyDeleteGood ol' Fraggle Rock. You know they're releasing full season episodes, don't you? Single Son was a huge Fraggle fan as a kiddie. Needless to say he's still a huge as an adult. Wonder what Chief would say if I told him that Sarge watches Fraggles ... Hmmmmmm
I remember watching Fragile Rock as a kid and I luved it!!! ;0)
ReplyDeleteHope everything gets figured out about the sleeping situation!!
Have fun doing homework!lol!