1) Still fighting this cold or flu or whatever it is. Think I'm finally winning. I haven't sneezed in a whole half hour now, LOL!
2) I really need to run up to the campus bookstore and get my textbooks. The semester starts next week and I'm not prepared. I know it's probably too late to snag up any good used textbooks. The price one pays for procrastination!
3) I think I'm ready to head back to the classroom. I know I moan when I have so much homework, but in all honesty, I miss school. Remind me of that in a few weeks when I'm up to my arse in homework!
4) I'm just wondering how I'll be able to devote all that time to homework if and when Married Son and crew move in. Probably have to invest in some soundproof headphones, or head up to either the public library or the campus library. Or both. LOL.
5) Wow, I just realized that my spare time is gonna become extinct again. So much for catching up on past episodes of Star Trek. And ya, that's what I've been doing with my time. I don't know enough trivia to be an active part of the big Star Trek Exhibit at the Detroit Science Center, but hey ... at least when I'm a paying patron and official USS Sinclair Historian (photographer, LOL) of the Exhibit I'll be able to show off a little with some trivia facts. Hehe.
6) Well, since I'm talking Star Trek ... Ya'll know I'm a card carrying, certified Trekkie. Recently our *ship* voted to decommission from the Starfleet organization, at least temporarily (long story, all related to politics really). The ship will stay intact, in fact we've gained a few new members since we decommissioned. Personally, I will retain my Starfleet membership - I'll just be without a *ship*. I've also joined a new group in the meantime. The "Space Station Bounty". A place for other ships that have also left Starfleet but want to maintain the camaraderie and friendships made while in Starfleet. Should be fun!
7) Speaking of Starfleet ... Single Son not only decided to stay with Starfleet, he's an active member. He has just been promoted to Starfleet Marine Corps Brigadier (next step is Brigadier General and then General). He's also the Regional Director of our Starfleet Region.
8) Another cool thing I just found out ... as a college student and Starfleet member, I am entitled to a $500 Scholarship per semester. Not too shabby for a Fan Club, eh?
9) I've also decided that somewhere I'm going to find the time to a) attend college, b) open the store this spring and c) attend Starfleet Academy and work toward my degree in Starfleet's Business School. Show the naysayers that a Ferengi female can make it in the world ... I mean Universe.
10) Ya ... I'm a geek. And proud of it.
1. A whole half hour? def on the mend then LOL
ReplyDeleteWhens the big move in with momma date?
Sounds like between homework and starfleet classes you will have no time for anything else,let alone your son moving back in too
Helen, no idea when move-in date is. All I get when I ask is "I dunno, soon".
ReplyDeleteLOL, Helen ... time? What's that? Add that today when I went up to my fave dollar store I got into a talk with the owner. He's opening a liquor store and tobacco shop in a few months (just waiting on his liquor license to be approved). Well, jokingly I said "if you need Friday or Saturday help let me know". Oops ... he lit up like a Christmas tree! "I sure could. What are your qualifications?" So I told him. I'll know more in April if I have the job or not, but based on his reaction to my qualifications it sounds like I'll be on the payroll. LOL!
Hey that would be pretty cool if it comes through. I hope it does for you =)
ReplyDeleteSounds like your gonna be a busy little squirrel soon. I love these squirrel pictures, where are you getting them from? Looking for a baseball squirrel picture.
ReplyDeleteHelen. Thanks. I hope so, too. It's not many hours a week, but at this point - even a little is better than nothing. LOL!
ReplyDeleteBill, yup, gonna be busy that's for sure!! I get my pics from all over the internet. I've got over 600 of them on file - I'll see if I have anything baseball related and let you know ...
ReplyDelete