Had class last night at 6 PM. Never made it to class. Not that I didn't try, I did!! Got all my homework done and left about 5 PM for school. Got there at 5:30, drove around FOUR different parking lots until ten minutes until 7. Finally said screw it and left. An hour and a half, can you believe it? And still didn't find a parking spot!! Thought I had one once or twice, but as I'm sitting there with my turn signal on waiting for the other vehicle to back out, some arse-hole pulls in ahead of me - forget the fact I had waited and waited for those spots. So ... next week I leave the house at 4 and get a damned spot.
Got home real early, needless to say, LOL ... did some more homework between Grandson's invasions and Single Son coming in to bother me (he was bored yesterday, grrrrr). Totally forgot about blogging!
I think I've found this semesters PITA (pain in the arse). You know how I seem to collect one each semester ... yup ... barely week two of the term and here we go.
She's in my marketing class. She's nice enough (in small doses) ... but she's got those pest-like qualities. Last week we went a little long for class and she missed the public transportation bus because of it. She asked me if I could give her a ride home. Because it's on my way home (sort of), I said yes. That drive of four miles I found out the story of how she came to live in the area and how she lost custody of her two kids and what she's got to do in order to see them on visitation days. At least she was polite and said thank you when I pulled into her driveway. Today I was asked again if I could drive her home. I found out all about her health issues today. Geesh. I had noticed she pulled out a few dollars from her purse, thinking to myself "good, she'll offer to pay a buck or two for gas". Nope. "Stop at the gas station so I can buy a pack of smokes". No "can you" or "please" ... and certainly no offer to help out with my gas. Funny thing is, if she said something like "can I give you a dollar or two towards gas", I'd probably have said no. Well, if she'd have at least remembered her manners, that is. So we'll see how this goes and if I'll actually need to remind her that I'm in class for my education and not to be her own personal *free* taxi.
Just one question. How the hell do I attract these people?
After I dropped her off at her house I had to go to the other campus and pay for my text book for my government class. Books still aren't in, but today is the cut off date for financial aid. It's either pre-pay on the book or don't get the book until the rebate check comes in sometime next month. I don't see a choice. I need the book as soon as I can get it ... not when the class is almost half over. I hear from the manager of the bookstore that they should be in tomorrow. Great, that means another 15 mile drive from campus to campus to pick up the book. Oh well, when ya need it, ya need it.
Tonight it's finishing reading the text for tomorrow's class - Stress Management. Married Son, DIL and Grandson will be gone this evening. Woo Hoo!! That means I can study uninterrupted! That is, unless Single Son gets bored again tonight and wants to hang out with Mommy. And here I thought adult children could keep themselves entertained. I guess not. LOL!
Hoping ya'll are having a great day ...

You really do need that stress management class huh! LOL
ReplyDeleteI remember during my college days how hard it was to find a parking spot at the university. I remember being late for a class and the teacher made me wait in the hall! I don't remember finishing that class so I must have quit.
Your PITA sounds like she may try to take advantage of you if you don't tell her soon that you aren't a free taxi service. That was really rude of her to tell you to stop at the gas station! That would be the last ride she'd get from me!! If she becomes a problem, try this stress management technique. It's works for me every time!!
Picture yourself near a stream.
Birds are softly chirping in the crisp, cool mountain air.
Nothing can bother you here. No one knows this secret place.
You are in total seclusion from that place called "the world."
The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.
The water is clear.
You can easily make out the face of the person whose head you're holding under the water.
Look. It's the person who caused you all this stress in the first place.
What a pleasant surprise. You let them up... just for a quick breath... then ploop!... back under they go...
You allow yourself as many deep breaths as you want.
There now... feeling better?
How rude, I would have said oh I'm sorry I need to get straight home my son asked me to mind teh grandbaby or something sheesh.
ReplyDeleteYeah bring on the stress management classes LOL
Ah ... stress management. Too bad it's not the first class of the week. LOL! I'm about to blog my solution to the little Taxi problem ... stay tuned. hehehehe
ReplyDelete