Apparently Cousin has been persuaded to have Christmas at her house. She said she didn't want it, didn't want the cleaning, cooking, and chaos that goes with one of our extended family holidays but someone (I'm assuming Aunt Silly) persuaded her otherwise. Besides she doesn't cook - her hubby does ALL of the cooking and the majority of the cleaning. Her job is to oversee his progress.
I got the notification on facebook. I then sent word to my three children (on facebook) as to what the plans for Christmas are.
Well, we know DIL ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but this is ridiculous ...
My facebook message to the kids ...
[Cousin] just got ahold of me through facebook, Christmas will be at the [Cousin's] house ... time to be announced.
DIL: Ok. I think I already have it requested. But ill check tomorrow.
Me: k ... you mean they're open on Christmas? That's crazy!!
DIL: Ah, no. I don't think so haha!! Der. I took xmas eve off hahahaha. I'm ok, really. Oy.
Me: lol ... k
My friend who plays santa has already had several Bass Pro Shop gigs.....I read someones blog that there's city trees up already....and I was hearing Christmas music in Kohls. Not to mention there's not a bit of Thanksgiving stuff to be seen - everything is red and green, sigh. I'm glad to hear Christmas is going to continue to be on the 25th, lol....does DIL's place of work really stay open that day?
ReplyDeleteLOL ...
ReplyDeleteno ... the rest of the conversation came after I posted this blog ...
DIL: Ok. I think I already have it requested. But ill check tomorrow.
Me: k ... you mean they're open on Christmas? That's crazy!!
DIL: Ah, no. I don't think so haha!! Der. I took xmas eve off hahahaha. I'm ok, really. Oy.
Me: lol ... k
(I gotta edit blog, add this to it, LOL)
She's not the sharpest knife in the drawer is she?
A friend of the family hasn't said anything about his Santa gig yet, but then he's still on site filming for a movie last I heard.
Correction, too ... I have the news on and they're saying TONIGHT Santa is making his Maul appearance. First 200 kids in line get a special gift - I'd hate to be the parent of that 201st child and tell him/her "sorry Santa ran out of gifts.
Hate all the commercialism, the 12 days of Christmas is enough for me, can't see any reason to put trees up at the start of November!
ReplyDeleteI'm also lucky (or Scrooge) that my husband felt that Christmas should be just for our family, we get to see everyone else - but not on Christmas Day!
I'll join ya in that Scrooge club!!
ReplyDeleteAnd then I read on facebook that DIL bought twinkle lights for the windows? It better be their bedroom windows! I hate twinkle lights ... blinking on and off looking like neon signs advertising the materialism of the season.
Our holidays (all of them) from my earliest recollections were my grandmother, her three children, their spouses and children ... then we grew up so boy/girlfriends were included ... then spouses, and the kiddies ... and now our kiddies kiddies ... And it's all a bit too much.
I'd prefer to open gifts with my kids, DIL (yeah, even DIL) the grandkids and open our gifts early ... let them go about doing whatever they wish the rest of the day (like leave to celebrate with other family members) ... leaving me to snuggle up for the rest of the evening with a cup of hot chocolate and some old time holiday movies!
twinkle lights...don't they already back-owe on the electric bill?
ReplyDeletethe light bill ...
ReplyDeleteand the heat bill ...
funny the only bill the Wrecking Crew has current is the internet/phone bill ...
Isn't that just crazy?! Santa out before turkey day, something just not right about that! True commericalism yes indeed!
ReplyDeleteYep, last time I checked Christmas is always on the same day, lol!! Der!
I've got to admit, I'm starting to feel the Christmas mood. Not ready for Santa but I'm thinking about getting out my Christmas music. I'm one of those that don't get tired of Christmas music.
Oooh, I forgot all about Christmas music ... I love it! Espeically the silly songs like "I want a Hippopotimus for Christmas" or "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" ...
ReplyDeleteUntil they get it blasting at us over the store's loudspeakers (have you ever noticed that the stores increase the volume of the music during the holidays to put us in "the mood") ...
I really AM turning into a Scrooge ... or Maxine!!