Been a few days since my last blog entry. No reason, really, other than sheer laziness. What's sad is I've spent lots and lots of time on the computer, playing around - oh, and putting out a lot of online applications. So I guess it's not been total bone-idleness on my part.
And her discipline chart ... oh ... where do I start on her new discipline chart? She started it because of all of Grandson's fits lately. I hear it got so bad that Grandson actually kicked and tried to bite her father on a recent shopping trip (all because Papa said no he couldn't have something).
So ... her list? It's on a write-on wipe-off board ... Grandson's After School Punishment Chores she calls it. The punishment chores?
1. Homework
2. Laundry
3. Sweep Kitchen
4. Make Bed
5. Pick Up Toys
Um, is it me or are these totally inappropriate punishments? If this is how her parents raised her (chores as punishment) no wonder she doesn't clean! And homework as punishment ... now there's a way to instill a positive image of education if ever I saw one (insert sarcasm here)!
And I say nothing!
Instead I pray that their days here are numbered ... and from a conversation we had last night, there may be a date to move out. Of course, DIL wants Grandson to finish his school year at the school he's at now (which means they stay here).
And it looks like a moving date may be in their future. I won't need to evict them after all. Of course, that won't be until the school year ends in June. I think I can wait for June ... notice I say think ... I can't see moving Grandson to a whole new school district in the middle of the semester would benefit him a bit. Better to let him start a new school at the beginning of a new school year.
I just have to survive until then.
*****
*****
I'm wondering how Brother Deere will take to this idea of pre-cooked grocery store food, as he's a retired chef and very picky when it comes to what foods pass his lips.
*****
Not a whole lot else going on here ...
How's your day been going?
okay--i got my job, that means your turn is next!
ReplyDeletereally? june? couldn't they just move somewhere within the school district?
hmmm...reminds me, i need to go clip mine!
i just got back from the grocer's with thanksgiving for bob and i and hopefully enough food until christmas. i do this bulk-buying every year, just to avoid the crowds. although now i have my weekend night job i could just shop at 3 am and accomplish he same thing....
anyways, i probably have enough to feed a few more on thanksgiving, but all of it was the quick-and-easy type of foods--nothing really cooking intensive. i work 3 12-hour day shifts monday-wednesday, i know i won't feel like doing much on thursday!
Brother Deere can just not eat....or bring his own grub. After all, its about gathering together as a family, not about creating kitchen magic.
ReplyDeleteYou know if I ever get to the point when I can't clip my own nails - I think I'll hire a professional...something about having a family member fool with my feet is just creepy.
Amy ... I sure hope I'm next in having a job. Frustration doesn't begin to cover it!!
ReplyDeleteI'll settle for June as their move out date, but only because they still owe me a lot of money! I'd prefer sooner, too ... but at least that's a light at the end of the tunnel (and not the 5:45 coming at me).
I didn't feel well yesterday so postponed the Mummy clipping until today ... only to get a call that she needs to postpone until tomorrow. Yay! It's not a job I enjoy, but it's gotta be done and I'd rather just get it over with (until the next clipping anyway).
I'd love to be able to bulk buy!! But the Wrecking Crew has taken over the pantry and most of the fridge. I'm left with a small dish cupboard for my pantry items. Oh to be able to fill MY pantry again (patience, patience ... there's a light at the end of the tunnel ...)
Em, too funny ... Brother Deere eat something someone else has cooked? Now that I'd love to see!! It's not that he's picky ... he just doesn't trust that others have followed the proper procedures in preparing (or handling) the food that he eats. Which would explain why I stopped bringing dishes to family meals ages ago ...
ReplyDeleteI think I'd rather cut her nails than wipe her ... well you know!! We've discussed it already and I told her that Brother Deere can have THAT job!! Or hire a pro! I ain't going there!!