KUA

KUA

11/18/10

Thursday's Thoughts ...

Been a few days since my last blog entry. No reason, really, other than sheer laziness. What's sad is I've spent lots and lots of time on the computer, playing around - oh, and putting out a lot of online applications. So I guess it's not been total bone-idleness on my part.

I'm pleased to report that Grandson's mornings have been a little less stressful (on me). DIL finally figured out the boy needs more sleep ... and has been putting him to bed at 7 PM. Nice relaxing evenings, and melt-down free mornings for the most part. Nice.

And her discipline chart ... oh ... where do I start on her new discipline chart? She started it because of all of Grandson's fits lately. I hear it got so bad that Grandson actually kicked and tried to bite her father on a recent shopping trip (all because Papa said no he couldn't have something).

So ... her list? It's on a write-on wipe-off board ... Grandson's After School Punishment Chores she calls it. The punishment chores?
1. Homework
2. Laundry
3. Sweep Kitchen
4. Make Bed
5. Pick Up Toys

Um, is it me or are these totally inappropriate punishments? If this is how her parents raised her (chores as punishment) no wonder she doesn't clean! And homework as punishment ... now there's a way to instill a positive image of education if ever I saw one (insert sarcasm here)!

And I say nothing!

Instead I pray that their days here are numbered ... and from a conversation we had last night, there may be a date to move out. Of course, DIL wants Grandson to finish his school year at the school he's at now (which means they stay here).

And it looks like a moving date may be in their future. I won't need to evict them after all. Of course, that won't be until the school year ends in June. I think I can wait for June ... notice I say think ... I can't see moving Grandson to a whole new school district in the middle of the semester would benefit him a bit. Better to let him start a new school at the beginning of a new school year.

I just have to survive until then.

*****

Yesterday my mother called. That's not news in itself, really. What I thought was funny was that Mom asked me if I wanted to make twenty bucks, Hey, being unemployed I'll take it, no matter the chore - so I told Mom yes before I knew what the chore was. Come over and clip her talons, I mean toe nails. Damn! Now I'm committed because I said YES prematurely. I keep telling myself "money is money" ... and right now I need some cash. Damn, I think I'd rather scrub toilets or chase down cobwebs from the attic. But nooooooooo ...

*****

So now we have Thanksgiving covered, too. Mom and Aunt Silly decided that they'd go halfsies on a pre-cooked dinner for four from the local grocer. $49 gets you all the fixings, and they've decided two of these dinners should do it since The Wrecking Crew will not be there, and it's uncertain if Alien, Loser and Butterball will be there either. 

I'm wondering how Brother Deere will take to this idea of pre-cooked grocery store food, as he's a retired chef and very picky when it comes to what foods pass his lips.

*****

Not a whole lot else going on here ...

How's your day been going?

No comments:

Post a Comment