KUA

KUA

11/10/10

Wednesday Stuff ...

Not a lot going on here, which is always a good thing! Boring beats the usual chaos and confusion any day.

Grandson has been sick, again. Nothing major, just a cough, fever, and sore throat. Typical cold type symptoms, but enough to keep him home from school for two days. Although he seemed perfectly normal these last two days with his typical morning whining, crying and all-out fit session. DIL had to call out sick at work to take care of him. No, I don’t watch him, they live here in my house … and I’m not going to be taken advantage of by being their live-in baby sitter, maid or cook. Then again, I do seem to get stuck doing their dishes more times than not. Poor kid, I’m sure he’d be over his cooties so much sooner if they’d stop dragging him out of the house so they can socialize.

I had made Single Son his dinner (believe me when I say that allowing him to cook is not advisable. Did you know that macaroni and cheese left unattended *will* ignite into flame), and while cooking dinner, we had a chance to talk without the Wrecking Crew around. He questioned why there’s such a lack of common sense amongst the Wrecking Crew, and gave me quite a list of "evidence" he’d been witness to that I was unaware of. Good question, and one I do not know the answer to. Then again, remember who’s asking – the one who believes the smoke detector going off means his dinner has finished cooking.

I guess that I’m partially to blame for that. When they were growing up, I had a sign in my kitchen that said "Dinner will be ready when you hear the smoke alarm go off".

Some kids just interpret things too literally.

*****

It’s time to start thinking about the Holidays again. Thanksgiving and Christmas are fast upon us. Our plans are still up in the air. It seems Brother Deere has finally made good his threats to not host our Family Holidays this year. I can’t say as I blame him, it’s a lot of work when there’s thirty (including aunts, uncles, cousins, cousins-in-law, and their kids).

Cousin is supposedly hosting our Thanksgiving meal, while there’s no plans yet for Christmas. And no, I’m not going to host Christmas. My house is way too small and there’s no parking available. Now Brother Deere understands why I chose a small house with virtually no parking.

I’m only praying at this point that I find a job and soon. Preferably one that’s open on the holidays so I can volunteer to work! Yes, I’m turning into a regular Scrooge. Bah Humbug, and all that.

*****

Maybe I’ll feel differently after the Wrecking Crew moves on and I’m not so stressed by those family ties (you know, those ties that bind and gag).

6 comments:

  1. There must be a delay on here...I had just checked Blogger and there was nothing new, then I checked Multiply and you had a post there...and now here it is!

    I'm crossing my fingers for you on the job. And my legs. Was gonna cross my eyes, but then I looked over and realized the cat has that one covered... (see? even my cat cares about you...awww!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There could be a delay, lol ... i posted here first then imported to multiply. Weird.

    Awwww, thanks ... to both you and the kitty. I'm sure eventually I'll find something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you aren't watching him.....last thing you need is to get sick as well - won't help your jobhunt. I agree you'll find something at some point, but it must be really frustrating that the job market is so bad. And you don't need to be hosting any holidays - like you've mentioned, it's a lot of work and it seems to me you already have your hands full. As for the not being able to cook thing - that's what the food bar at the grocery store is for :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em, too late on being sick. This isn't as bad as the last cold I had, but still. I'm tired of catching *somebodys* colds.

    I heard some statistics on the evening news the other day about joblessness in Michigan. Seems of all of the jobs lost nation-wide, Michigan has lost HALF of those jobs. Doesn't surprise me ... for every one job opening there's hundreds of applicants (and more if the jobs were announced on the news). So, yeah, it's frustrating, but what's a person to do besides carry on?

    If I do end up celebrating holidays alone (oh, dreamer that I am) I have a bunch of recipes I want to try so I'd make a meal out of those. We'll see.

    I love living in my small house!! The most people I've had over were ten (and seven of them were neighbors) for ice cream and birthday cake when Alien was small!

    ReplyDelete
  5. here--speaking of recipes and eating:

    http://snuzzy.com/the-shame/

    ReplyDelete