KUA

KUA

11/4/10

Thursday (already)

My, my ... where does the week go?

And here I'm up way too early. I've been up since 5 AM. That's what I get for going to bed early last night. Three or four hours a night is about all I can sleep anymore. This sucks. It's gotta change. I'm sure part of it is stress. Or all of it, who knows?

Weird thing is I try not to stress when I'm awake. I mean, as bad as things have been lately, they could always be worse, right?

It's that silver lining my Gigi (grandmother) taught me to always look for. Okay, so it's a bit tarnished presently ... but it's still there ...

*****

Single Son is up to his old tricks again. Practical jokes ... or serious, it's hard to tell with him.

He was out working in the yard yesterday when supposedly the fool from next door (the one whose yard was hit hard by my recent tree disaster) approaches him. As Single Son tells it, the neighbor asked "who is that old lady that lives in your house", to which dear Son replies "oh, she's just my mom. She's not entirely with it, if you know what I mean, She's pretty harmless and doesn't usually hurt others, but we do lock her in her room just to be safe".

Now, you and I know he was joking around ... the only problem seems to be that the neighbor he was talking to doesn't exactly possess an I.Q. high enough to recognize humor unless it's the Three Stooges.

This is the same neighbor who thought it was up to us to take care of his lawn up to the side of his house, so his side yard when untouched for two years. Hello Dumbass, we're not in the trailer park any more! You are to mow up to the property line, not the side of the neighbors house. Oy! Oh, and he's the neighbor that a few years ago called the cops on us all the time because I had Married Son remove a dangerous branch that hung over our driveway - the tree was on his property ... and he called and called for really piddly stupid things until the cops recognized he was only nit-picking out of revenge and they told him to stop harassing us.

So now they think I'm totally mental. This could be a good thing, really. Maybe now their kids will stay out of my yard or stop slicing golf balls in the direction of our vehicles.

However, Single Son needs to realize that not everyone gets his dry sense of humor.

*****

I'm debating if I want to go back to bed for an hour or two, or if I just get up now, get dressed and head up to Target to refill my prescription. I'm thinking of a flu shot, too, but doubt they'll let me get it since I've had a sore throat for the last day or two.

Hmmmm, bed wins ... but only because Single Son just came into my room to tell me he's got to be in traffic court by 9 AM (remember he's a cop, they go to court a lot, LOL) ... and did I need the car before noon?

2 comments:

  1. hold it...you mean you're not mental? coulda fooled me ! then again, i bet if you had to stay around DIL for another year you might just be well on the road to crazyville!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well shoot ... I've been certified for years ... now I've graduated to mental?

    Obviously ... there's two votes for mental ... anyone else??

    DIL, squirrels invading my walls, trees falling, chronic unemployment, Gremlins, weird children, nutty friends ...

    Damn, I guess I AM mental!

    ReplyDelete