But first, let's start off with the money shot ... the photo of my pretty new furnace!! Ain't she grand?
The little brown door to the left of the water heater is the access door
for the approximately 20 foot x 28 foot (three foot high) crawlspace
located under the main living area.
Next we have the previous location of Gizmo and Drama-rama's bed. Yes, all that crap in the corner was once just shoved under their bed!! Out of sight, out of mind, right?
Furniture left behind ... a slightly slanting computer desk that I'll put on FreeCycle (free if they pick it up) and in the back corner, the entertainment center that I'll use once the family room is done. I'll probably need to refinish it, though. But it'll be worth it, as this was a piece my dad built for me a long time ago. And no, this room was never finished, the whole time they used this as their bedroom there was exposed studs and insulation.
Just another angle looking at the under-bed stash of crap.
Gizmo's collection of Star Trek videos still sits here. I don't believe this to be the entire collection, though. Odd how he'd take some, but not all of his precious video collection.
And opening the little brown door to the crawlspace we see ... piles and piles of what looks like CRAP!! Some in storage totes, a lot not in totes (that gold looking vintage lamp shade is indeed a lampshade from the 70s that I salvaged for use as carpeting in the antique dollhouse that will be restored once I have my house - and my life - back!). I have no idea what's in those totes, or who the contents belong to at this point!
See the vintage picnic baskets that were lovingly just shoved into the crawlspace? Nice. I can also see an antique galvanized coffee pot ... I have no idea what that cord is!
Just another angle of the same crawlspace. I notice what appears to be insulation hanging from the rafters. However, I see no other insulation in any of the other pictures. Great, something else to add to the to-do list ... insulate the crawlspace!
I also noticed in one of the crawlspace photos that there's a steel shelving unit. Good!! I can use that to organize the stuff in the utility area.
I'm dreading this more than I am dreading the gutting of BossMan's bedroom!! But once done, there will be ONLY the artificial Christmas Tree and the two boxes of ornaments. Everything else either distributed to other parts of the house (kitchen, office, craft room, etc), given away, sold, or tossed.
There's gonna be one huge yard sale at my house late this summer!!
Holy garbage heap, Batman! Good thing you don't know where they live...after a bit living on their own it might be so ickyat their house it requires calling the health
ReplyDeleteLOL, Amy ... I told you it was bad!! And yup, I'm glad I don't know where they live ... except that I'd love to pack up the van and just dump their shit on their stoop in the middle of the night! Let 'em trip over it like I have for the last seven or so years!!
ReplyDeleteWhat's funny ... sad, really ... Alien and I visited her when she still lived with her husband (when Butterball was a tiny baby) in their beautiful double wide trailer. She gave us the grand tour of the place. Overflowing garbage in the kitchen, sink and counters stacked with dirty (smelly) dishes, living room messy with all sorts of stuff (including a pile of her dirty laundry). She complained that her hubby was a mean man, he insisted she clean up the place. No, Alien and I didn't stick around to help her ... and little did we know then that within sixteen months time she'd become MY problem!!
And I'm sure it's looking rough there already. I asked Gizmo last time I saw him when he'd be back for the rest of his stuff. He said he hadn't even had a chance to unpack what's there now. Wait!?!? HIM unpack? She's there all day long ... he works five, sometimes six, days a week, ten hour shifts. But it sounds like she's not lifting a finger there either!
But, not my problem any more is it? YAY!! It'll take me a good half-year (or more) I estimate to clean up what the last eight or so years of shit I had to put up with!