KUA

KUA

4/11/13

More Before Pictures ...

Here's some more before pictures ...

LIVING ROOM:


Still a dumping ground for the Wrecking Crews stuff as it's sorted and eventually removed from the house. Note: the stuff on the sofa is from the entertainment center you see in the picture below. It's waiting for demolition (later today). The crap on the sofa is mostly movies that need to be sorted and boxed for Alien. She's also getting that huge ol' tv set and a dvd/vcr that isn't visible in the photo below. Bookcases from the family room (see below) will occupy the space the entertainment center now occupies, the beige chair will be the only seating in my new "library".The sofa will be moved to the family room when that room is finished.


FAMILY ROOM: 
Notice there's no carpeting? That was ripped out before Christmas 2012.
The tall book case will be moved up to the living room (visible through the railing). I still have another bookcase that needs to be assembled that will take the place of the smaller bookcase (on the left). I just hope there's enough shelf space for all of my books!! The short bookcase will house the videos I will save for my viewing pleasure.


Below is the last of the Wrecking Crew(s) stuff in the family room. Then Rusty Knight can begin painting!! He'll paint the walls, the paneling, the ledge, and the ceiling. Then we can lay the flooring, move the couch from the living room, bring in a different entertainment center, move the toybox to this room and make it a usable family room!! I can't wait!! It'll be a great place for the grandsons to play when they visit MomMom!!


More pictures will follow shortly. I still haven't photographed the storage room (Gizmo's former bedroom), or the crawlspace.  I'm working up the nerve (courage?) to tackle those areas. 

But first things first ... the living areas. Then I can figure out what from storage I wish to keep and what I'm ready to let go of once and for all.

UPDATE: 8:30 PM ... well, BossMan totally forgot about coming over today to help demolish the entertainment center. He says he'll be over Monday now to do it. You know I'll be burning up his phone with reminder texts.  Then I'll have to burn up his phone on Thursday night, when the trash goes to the curb. There's no way I'll be able to get that stuff down to the curb!!

And they claim *I* have memory problems? Geesh.

5 comments:

  1. is that stuff piled becuase you set it there while you sorted or was it like that? because if that's the way it was originally...wow! your fly lady skills will be coming in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stuff on the couch is piled so I can sort through it. I do need boxes first, as only part of the video collection will be going to Alien. She'll be getting the majority of them, though. But, she's NOT getting my dozen or so Titanic videos! Or my Neil Diamond collection. LOL ...

    The rest of the stuff (in front of the brown chair) belongs to one of the boys. Some of it I've thrown into the pile, others they have tossed there for their next trip out to get more of their crap.

    The book pile in the family room is a mess! It'll take me a good day to organize those once I've moved them upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when you're done come organize here...i've yet to organize my bookshelves from when we moved in and i just put them on the shelves willy-nilly; i can't find half my books because they're not in the groupings i'm used to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to sort your books out and organize whatever you want me to organize, but I have no idea how much time I need to ask off from work. LOL! Wow, it's great to say that ... work ... work ... work ... I'm geeked about starting work soon!! I'd also be scared that the animals would be a huge distraction for me!! I love farm animals!

    Yup, I'm pretty OCD about my books!! It's killing me that Drama-Rama and Gizmo stacked them on the concrete floor!! At least they put the wood shelves from a demolished book case under them. Otherwise, I'm sure you'd have heard about the Michigan Mom that went ballistic over her book collection on the evening news!!

    Then again, I still may go ballistic depending on what I find in the crawlspace!! A lot of my antique glass, and two dollhouse kits ended up in the damp crawlspace against my wishes that they stayed out of the crawl space. That's what I get for not closely supervising them I guess. It'll take the Rusty Knight and I about a week to just sort through what's mine and what's Gizmos ... and hopefully no damage will be done to my fragile items.

    I'll just be glad when this is all over!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (and yes, that last comment was posted after 3 am ... so much for going to bed early. My head hit my pillow and suddenly I was wide awake. I need to get over this and FAST. I have to be up at 6 am on Saturday morning to get ready for my orientation!! Grrrrrrr.)

    ReplyDelete