KUA

KUA

4/14/13

Giving Thanks ...

So, yesterday at Orientation I met a gal who is a lot like me it turns out. Like me, she's hiring in as a cashier, too.

We laughed at the same time over silly little jokes the store manager cracked, or during those sometimes outright goofy training videos. We definitely share the same warped sense of humor, lol.

We talked for a little bit in the breakroom after orientation was done. Got to know a little about each other ... we're both mothers of three (although mine are slightly older, and hers are all girls -bless her little heart for mothering three girls, I couldn't have done it!) and we're both proud grandmothers, too!!

Her nest isn't quite yet empty, one to go before that happens.

I told her my nest had just recently emptied, and a little about the messes they had left me with.

Something she said really got to me, got me thinking long into the night last night ...

She said something to the effect of "After living in my house for over 15 years, I could only hope to have the excuse to go through every little box or bag in storage throughout my home. Give it a real good cleaning out. Walk through those memories one last time as I give the girls those memories to pass on to their little ones, or to bless someone else with something that still has life left in it. You really are blessed to have that opportunity."

To be honest, what "T" has said brought a tear to my eyes. I had NEVER thought of the work dumped on me as a blessing ... to sort through stuff collected after 18 years of living in the same house.

Yes, I have had a great feeling of satisfaction knowing that a lot of the things I have already passed on to the Alien will be used for years to come.

But I'd never thought of this as an opportunity to spread the joy, so to speak.

It's going to make all the sorting take on a whole new meaning for me ...

*****

I stopped today at my favorite dollar store. I love when they get their close-out specials in, and today I hit the jackpot!! They had planters in the size I need for the plants I've sown seeds for. I'd checked out some planters I liked at another store that were about the same size, and were about eighteen dollars more a planter!! I just saved a butt-load of money!!

All I need now are four tomato cages for the planters and I'll be all set. Luckily I have a few weeks to check out sales on those items.

So, now that I have four (instead of the two I was originally going to buy), I can put the shepherd's hook away until next season and not even worry about the problem I blogged about a few days ago. That'll give me another year to figure all that out, LOL.

*****

 I stopped to visit Alien and the boys after my dollar store trip. I haven't seen them in about a week and I really missed the little guys. And as usual the first thing they do after kissing and hugging their MomMom is to to go through my purse for my tin of Altoids!! Oops! I forgot about keeping only a half dozen or so in the tin in my purse! Needless to say, they ate almost a full tin of Altoids. Butterball tells me "my tongue hot, MomMom", but would he stop munching on them like they're M&Ms? NO!!

I didn't stay long, Alien had to run up to the store and the boys were starting to get fussy anyway.

The Rusty Knight and I had a chance to get our schedules worked out ... he'll be over on Thursday after an appointment to help me tackle that crawlspace. Yay!! I'll be glad when that's out of the way.

So, that gives me tomorrow and Tuesday to get the basement done. Training is on Wednesday, but I'll have Wednesday evening to finish up the basement.

I just need to remember to get boxes tomorrow for what needs to be boxed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment