Here it is Saturday, and I'm not feeling well enough to go out and enjoy it! Nothing major, just a huge headache. I know what it's from ... eye strain ... happens whenever I 'outgrow' my glasses. And boy, have I 'outgrown' them!! I'm so grateful I now have insurance and can get this taken care of. I picked a great eye doctor, lol. The first available appointment he has is for December 13! Until then I've stocked up on Advil. Don't expect much computer time out of me until I get the new set of eyeballs and the headaches are but a fond memory.
Alien is single again!! This one lasted three weeks. At least she's learning if they're jerks to dump 'em quickly. No sense prolonging the misery. Looks like my baby really IS finally growing up!!
Alien is almost done with Driver's Ed. Talking to her teacher the other day he said he wishes all of his students were like her. Not only eager to learn and a good driver to boot, but well versed in all the laws of the road. His only complaint is that she's can't parallel park without freaking out! Thankfully we live in the 'burbs, where parallel parking is extremely rare. Whew!!
Been working hard with my cartooning. As much as I hated anime in the beginning I'm beginning to like it more and more. I've been working, too, on a coloring book for Grandson for part of his Christmas gift. The other part is a personalized Christmas story that I'm writing, illustrating and will put into a book for him. Thank the Goddesses for that segment in Brownie Scouts about "book binding". And yes, I *do* remember that far back!! Geesh!!
Got my new cell phone yesterday! Man, I love this thing! The last cell phone I had was pretty much a dinosaur compared to my new one. Add it's one of those phones that opens to reveal a QWERTY keyboard and a screen that even I can see, making my life so much easier. Since I seem to do more texting than talking on the cell phone, this is awesome!! There's so many features it'll take me weeks to learn everything it offers.
Not much more happening here in my Screwy world ... hoping ya'll are having a great weekend!!
Will miss you on 360, but will try to keep up. I've given up smoking several times and failed, am trying to concentrate on my weight first! It's a b***** when you need new glasses - I get mine free but only every two years unless I make a fuss. Well done to Alien, I can't parallel park either and my house is right on the street, on a slope, with a telegraph pole right by my door!!
ReplyDeleteLove the Tshirts!
ReplyDeleteWTG Alien, I agree with you sounds as if she is really growing up.
Ok I never went to Brownies or scouts and I sooooooooooooo want to know how to do book binding. Can you do a tutorial on your page if you get time? please, pretty please???
Good luck with the givig up smoking not an easy feat but I have no doubt you will conquer! Hope your headache gets to feeling better and the rest of the weekend is good for ya! BTW Love this background. HUGS!!
When a guy's a jerk to my daughter...she just dumps them...in the nearest dumpster or snowbank. Good luck with quitting and I hope you do it....and pass on some tips for not choking the life out of someone, lol.
ReplyDeletejust started chantix this past week and the urge is already gone...no nic fits, either. highly recommended!
ReplyDeleteSorry I have to complain a little. This green is to light I'm having a hard time reading it. I bet your head will get better if you make this darker. LOL What ya doin for Thanksgiving??????
ReplyDeleteHUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS =)