1) Married Son was home for two days. He left yesterday morning and won't be back until Thanksgiving for the weekend. Poor thing spent his two days off (12 days on, 2 off) working on our cars. Guess that's what he gets for knowing so much about engines. I'm betting he's wishing he wasn't such a darned good mechanic right about now.
2) Speaking of my car ... because of Married Son's being on the road 12 out of 14 days at a time we decided we better have a mechanic friend fix the car. He's looked at it, it'll be under a thousand to fix. I'm so geeked. I was so worried it was beyond hope. Even better, I can pick my car up later tonight!! Happy Dance!!
3) Alien's been having a heck of a time with her new nose piercing. The hole itself is healing well, the stud just keeps wanting to fall out. Saturday night sometime it fell out while she was sleeping. In her panic she put a regular earring in the hole until she could get to the mall to replace the nose stud. I kept getting mental images of her somehow *snorting* the earring back. Daughter in Law, knowing how much I hate shopping offered to take her. Yippee!! I didn't have to go!!
4) Speaking of the Alien, she had her first time behind the wheel in driver's ed on Sunday. Since she already knows how to drive, she thought it would be easy. Wrong! The teacher has his set of driving rules (remember the 10 and 2 positions on the steering wheel?) ... and she's having to learn those rules if she wants to pass driver's ed. She's doing great in the book-work section of the class. She had to be told to not answer all the questions the teacher asks during discussion - to give the other kids a chance to answer them, too. I guess that's the benefit of having both a cop and truck driver for brothers. Every time they're out with Alien, they teach her the laws and are quick to point out other drivers mistakes. However, if she thinks she'll be driving whenever she wants (like she thinks now), she's sadly mistaken. Driving at the age of 16 is a privledge, not a right, dammit.
5) Yeah, Alien ... she's been a true teenager lately. Testing every fiber of my being. Thinking now she's 16 she has every right to act like an adult. Grrrrrrr ... weeks like this it's easy to understand why some species eat their young.
6) Why do I have to have one of those Guardian Angels that either has a warped sense of humor or is just plain sadistic? With all the weird stuff that goes on in my life, I'm beginning to seriously wonder if Murphy ("If it can go wrong, it will" Murphy) is my guardian angel. T
7) I'm sure that the twitches I swear that I've developed lately will go away. Eventually.
8) Birthday season has officially begun! Three weeks ago was Alien's birthday. Starting Thursday there's a birthday a week until the week before Christmas. We start with Single Son and end with my birthday a week before Christmas. No wonder I can never afford Christmas!! Birthday season kills the old budget.
9) Too cute! The one kitty, Shiloh as adopted me as his human. I can't do a thing without my little shadow. I can't get any peace unless he's sleeping with me, sitting practically on my drawing board while I'm doing my drawing homework, and basically just being underfoot all the time. He loves to grab my drawing pencils out of the pencil box. Now if I could train him to grab the right one when I need it. He's even taken over one of my erasers. Heaven help me if I need it. It's his now and he won't share!
10) And yeah!! I finally got my medical card in the mail. A full month I had to wait for it to show up. Now I can finally start to make appointments for all these doctors I haven't been able to see for years because of lack of insurance! I'm a happy camper.
OMGODDESS...speaking of 'kitties'....I nearly had my comment to you complete and Veela jumped up onto the keyboard...*poof*...it's gone....ARGGGGGGGGG! I'll try to simplify...1) I've had my nose pierced for 12 years...(I did it myself - yeah crazy I know) the best thing to get is either a stud with a barb that screws into the back or a hoop - I wear a hoop when I bother to put one in. 2) I've been driving since I was 8 years old - we lived on a farm so I learned all of the rules and stuff early...but, I've told my girls that, even if they do have their license that doesn't mean that they get to take off whenever they want...and NO they won't be buying cars until they can provide full coverage insurance...that's what I had to do and it's only fair...OH - no sports cars...they will get a hoopty until they learn how to respect a vehicle and their driving privelages. Hmmmm....I think that's about it...I do hope that you can get the doc's appointments...it took me 2 months to get a dental appointment and I've been waiting nearly a month for my doc's appointment on the 14th...anyway...good luck and I hope that your car troubles are over. Catch you later hun! x0x
ReplyDeleteHannah, Alien got those nose studs that you put it in in "reverse" order (goes in from inside the nose) then you screw the front of it on. Have no idea what they're called, but I know there's a name for them. Cars ... yeah, that idiot of a sperm donor bought her a car already. She thinks because her father provided the car I can't set forth the rules. It's a constant argument. Not only will there be strict rules, but she breaks even one of them the car goes back to his freaking driveway and I'll be in court severing his rights. He's already shown lately he's not watching out for her best interest. Of course, he's got a history of screwing up when it comes to childrearing.
ReplyDeleteHUGS!!
I have my Christmas cards, paper for the letter, I need the decorated Christmas labels. Ken prints the addresses on them so I don't have to address every card. Computers are wonderful. I want to get my cards out at the beginning of December. =) I feel it this is the year.
ReplyDeleteI hope everything you are working toward works out for you. =)
As for teenage daughters I understand. Currently our daughter thinks the van is HERS and I borrow it sometimes. LOL
I hope your day goes well HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS =)
Cass, I haven't sent Christmas cards in years!! I'm hoping once my budget isn't so tight I can get back to sending 'em. Got about five years worth of Christmas letters to catch up on!
ReplyDeleteSlowly but surely things are working out, thanks. I think all the visits from the Gremlin are to keep me humble!! If nothing else, they make me work harder towards my goals. LOL!
It's not just teens that think they own YOUR vehicle. Just yesterday Single Son (will be 28 in a few days) and I got into it. He had to drive me to class in the morning because my car was in the shop. *He* moaned and bitched because it was inconvenient to him. Wait a freaking second here ... who's taken MY car for weeks at a time because his van is a gas guzzler and *he* can't afford to fill it because *he* is over budgeted? Who has to sit vehicle-less when *her* car is car-napped? I may not work, but hell, I need the car, too!!
Thanks, I feel better now ... wasn't going to blog about it, but it's been stressing me out.
Hugs!!
I agree with you how quickly they forget we are there for them but once in a while they can be there for us also. =)
ReplyDeleteI love getting Christmas cards =) I will take a picture of my special Christmas Card area, I hang every Christmas card I get and they become part of my decorations. =)
I'm in the same situation on the Christmas card thing...the biggest part of my family that even celebrates Christmas is in England...last year we bought cards and they cost $50 alone (Bri had to get 'brand name cards' and he wanted a different one for everybody...so I couldn't get the boxed set) THEN it cost us about $30 to send them...I told him that this year they were getting E-cards or ones that the girls and I make. Yeah...I think that's a barb...I wonder if she took it out in her sleep or somethig cuz usually those suckers will stay in. I've been without my car for 3 months now and I'm going crazy...I'm supposed to start school in January and Bri had promised that I would have a car by now...I can't even go to the store without my crazy mom or my gramma (whose WAY too old to drive) taking me and it's such a big pain in the bum to even bother them - EVEN though, I've driven my mom around for years NEVER asking for gas money and her borrowing my car(s) for years NEVER putting gas in it...I know the feeling TRUST me! x0x
ReplyDeleteLove the idea of being able to eat our young, although I think we're the only species that don't kick them out of the nest! My daugher had her nose pierced and a tattoo as soon as she left home.
ReplyDeleteI like the 'me to you' bears on your page too - I've been given a couple of these and fall for the sad little story that comes with them!