KUA

KUA

8/17/08

Countdown to Empty Nest ...


Countdown Calendars
Since *someone* keeps reminding me she's moving when she's 18 ... I thought I'd put a countdown calendar here as a reminder of how many days there are until *I* am enjoying an empty nest. And yes, I'm once again looking forward to it!!

12 comments:

  1. lmao..I was just thinking earlier.. my two will be 18 and 16 in Nove.. can they move out then please hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah ... November "babies", I have two of those, too ... but they'll be 29 and 26 this November.

    If your two are anything like my two Novembers they'll be in and out a few times before the nest is truly empty.

    And in 422 days it'll be EMPTY to stay this time. I love my kids ... but I'm gonna enjoy that time when they have their own nests to go back to at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep... I seem to recall Jaclyn telling me (sometimes screaming) that she was going to move out when she was 18 also. Oh I just couldn't wait!! She decided to stay home until she was 20 but by that time I gave her an ultimatum. Get a job or move out. She moved to Job Corps. LOL

    Oh, and she's a November baby too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No!!!!!!!!! Don't tell me that!!

    I might be able to handle it IF *that* attitude would disappear when she turns 18. I know, I know, it'll never happen!

    422 1/2 days and counting ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son screamed at me last week that he was leaving, seems to have changed his mind this week and he's being very charming 'thank you for dinner, it was gorgeous'! Lol, d'ya think he realised how expensive it would be to move out?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen Jo, that's just it ... I don't think they do realize how expensive it really is to live on their own.

    I still have one other kidlien at home ... Single Son (28)!! But he moved back in to help me out after my last divorce. He knows first hand how much it costs out there in the real world. I made him swear he won't tell Alien how expensive it really is, like it would do any good anyway. You know you can't tell a teen ager a darned thing. They have the answers to it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok so November babies are all awesome? LOL
    Weird aint it I have two 8 days apart ok 2 years and 8 days and both are so different in nature its kinda ookie!
    Ones a Sagitarian and ones a Scorpio///

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen, I'm in the same boat, one Sagg, one Scorpio. Add a Libra in there for good measure ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL @ the countdown thingy! I don't even want to think about the "teen" years. ahhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the countdown widget hon, it's brill!! But I have to warn you, I didn't move out of my Ma's permanently until I was 27, and that was only because either I moved out or she threw me out ..... oops!! Lol!! I'd come and gone a few times in the meantime, but now it's permanent! :-D Hope everything's fab with you, hugs, Lxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Angie, you don't want to talk to me about the joys of teen agers!! Not this week anyway. Or last week. And at this rate, next week isn't looking like a good week to let me tell you the joys of parenting a teen either. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lonnwy, LOL!! I have a 28 year old still at home. I think it's his third return trip. This time was for my benefit, though.

    I left my parents home when I was 19. They made it abundantly clear that you get one move out of home day. There will not be a move-back-home day. As they're aging, I am beginning to wonder if my parents still see the wisdom in that rule. They've both been hinting that their basement would be a good place for me to move. LOL ...

    Although, now that I think about it, they did let Brother Deere live with them (in their basement) while he was building his house in the country. Then again, as a retired Chef, they ate good with him there. They wouldn't get that luxury with me! LOL!

    ReplyDelete