KUA

KUA

8/29/08

Intro To Business - Day Two of the New Semester ...

Two classes in a row that I *like* the teachers!! Somebody pinch me!! And once again, an early day today. Did the intro thing again, and went over the syllabus. Then home. Two hours early. But with a homework assignment. That's cool. I can deal with that.

I'm not sure if I like her cell phone policy, though. She's a parent to three younger kids, so she more than understands emergencies from home. She allows phones to be on *ring* during class. Take the call outside the room, but you can leave the ringer on. I don't know if I really like that - one kid already had four or five calls - with an annoying and loud ring, to boot. A total distraction if you ask me!! Put the damned thing on vibrate for Pete's sake. We all don't need to know when you get yet another call!

Another study buddy. This one a young gal. A little more outspoken than my Thursday Study buddy, but not much. And Heaven help me, she's a note passer!! Oy!! Instead of whispering a comment to me or just keeping her comments to herself, she's got to write a note and slide it across the table. Oh well, I guess it could be worse, right?

OMG!! I got lost on my home campus!! After class I needed to go to the bookstore. Talk about designed by a man! The signs pointing to the bookstore were for the OLD bookstore location! Not the new bookstore location!! When I notified a campus cop about the wrong signage he only said "huh, guess they forgot to change some." Doih, ya think?

Helen, it looks like I'll have to spend some time on the return train trip studying!! There's an important exam in her class the day after our get together ... and she doesn't allow for make up exams!! So much for just chilling on the ride back, eh? And here I was hoping I could leave the textbooks at home. Crap!

Off to read Chapter One ... look for my Friday Five later.


13 comments:

  1. I like your BG. I've been soooo busy! The first day of classes I walked so much that I got blisters on my feet. Ugh! Good luck with your classes. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it's going well so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...at least you like your teachers! Yeah...I'm not done with school yet, but it will still be a few years before I can go back. I've got to get the rest of my brood settled in school first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, thanks. I've taken to making my own backgrounds ... found that picture online and fell in love with it. All those hidden little treats amongst the books - a whole village of folks living there.

    I learned that lesson the hard way after getting my books for classes at the other campus. I wore my flip flops and ended up having to walk to the opposite end of campus. Never again!! My feet hurt for two days afterwards! It's walking shoes for me from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen Jo, it is!! Almost too well. I'm afraid the Gremlin is gonna sneak one in on me. You know - one of those profs who have no life outside the classroom and assume his/her students don't either. The ones that give tons of homework every week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leann, I think I mentioned this to you before. How about one class a semester? Start on your core classes needed ... and get little one used to day care. Gives her a chance to interact with other kids her age, too. AND gives the older kids a good example by seeing mommy working on homework!! Nothing like the family that studies together!! Hehehehe ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's true. There's a community college not too far from here and I THINK they have childcare there! Now you've got me thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe ... COOL!!! I went to school when the boys were younger (ten and seven if I did the math right). Single Son graduated with honors and went on to place second in his Police Academy class. He's in college right now working on his Bachelor's in Law Enforcement. Married Son did drop out (long story on why), but he had high grades and when he went for his GED scored about the highest possible on that. Both have said that they'd not have done so well in school had they not seen me study so hard.

    I wish I had done that with the Alien. Maybe she'd be more serious about high school.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They don't all learn the same lessons from the same example. Some of us (myself included) have to learn the hard way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm one of those had to learn the hard way. Dropped out of college twice already. Third time's the charm!! And with all those past earned credits, I'm closer to that degree - only five semesters (including this one) and I'll FINALLY have my degree!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cell phone policy is fine but I'd be making sure they are on vibrate! 5 calls in one class is a bit much!
    Sure sounds like your starting off great ~ bummer about having to study though..what day is the exam?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The exam is on Friday, Oct. 31 at 9 in the morning, grrrrrr. I got to thinking, if I just bring my notes to study on the train I'll be fine ... just something to review for the 9 AM test. Don't really think I'll need that big bulky book after all. Whew.

    ReplyDelete