2) So ... Alien was home about twenty minutes before we got into our first battle of wits. Okay, so it's back to normal around here. It's gonna be a looooong school year!
3) Whom amongst you placed bets into the pool on how long it would take for me to say something along the lines of things being back to normal? I haven't yet thought about how I miss the quiet of my empty nest summer, but the week isn't over yet.
4) I am sooooo ready for classes to begin. NOW! Get me out of the house, see new faces, have meaningful conversations ...
5) I have my first real schedule conflict. When I signed up for classes I totally forgot about a HAM Radio class I'd signed up for, too. And of course, HAM and one of my college courses are at the same time. Grrrrrr. Haven't figured out how I'm going to handle this one but Single Son is the HAM Radio instructor so hopefully he'll be able to work with me on this.
6) Yesterday was my folks 52nd wedding anniversary. 52 years!! I can't imagine being married to anyone *that* long. Then again, I barely lasted a decade with either marriage. LOL. As Mom quipped on the phone ... They only way I'd get fifty plus years married would probably involve 5 husbands. And that ain't gonna happen!
7) Old Mother Hubbard went to the cupboard ... and all she found was canned pasta, ramen noodles and stale bread. Three days until I can go grocery shopping. On the upside of an almost bare cupboard, there's no wondering what's for dinner. LOL.
8) Went to Married Son's house yesterday. Spent some time with Grandson. That boy has one hell of an imagination. He was playing "Thomas the Train". He was Thomas. He could tell me in great detail about the cars he was "pulling", how many of each type, and what their names were (freighter, passenger car, tanker, etc). He'll definitely have to come with us when Married Son drops me off at the train platform in October. He'll love seeing a real train close up!
9) Why didn't Six like Seven? Because Seven ATE (eight) Nine.
10) Okay, so now I'm scraping the bottom of the thought barrel obviously.

#9... Yep, you do need to get out of the house for awhile....LOL
ReplyDeleteWell, it popped into my head, what can I say? Yeah ... can you tell I need a few days away?? Hopefully I won't get worse before Chicago, yano?
ReplyDelete#2 Lol.. oh that long? lololol
ReplyDelete#4 yeah being at home sometimes makes on stir crazy!
#5 Hope so ~ did you cancel that class?
#6 Congratulations thats a long long time!
#7 I'd opt for the noodles.. or maybe toast!
#8 He'll wanna get on the train with you.. be prepared for tears!
#10 Thats why I isnt doing TTT haha
Lisa, you have so cheered me up because I feel the same!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to go back to work next week for some adult conversation. My nest has been full and I'm sick of sqabbling chicks and the endless demand for worms, my cupboards are empty and I so need payday to do a big shop!
My parents have achieved 56 years together, I'm used to being on my own now and can't imagine even 56 days with anyone else.
Helen Jo, happy I could help put a smile on your face.
ReplyDeleteWe start classes tomorrow. Yay!!
You know, I really hadn't thought about it, but you're right!!! I don't know if I could handle even a few days in a relationship either right now, LOL. I like the companionship that a relationship offers, but not day in day out!!
Helen Jane,
ReplyDeleteYup, that long!!
Is it time to grab the books and go??
Haven't talked to Single Son yet, but am hoping there's something we can do so I can still take both classes.
It is a long time!!
Thought about toast, but there's no butter or margarine! I can't eat toast without it!
That's what Daddy's are for! I'll be on the train, he can calm the kid down (mybad).
I thought about not posting the ninth thought. Figured what the hell, it popped into my head, it's a thought! Random, but hey ...
Your right LOL...
ReplyDeleteHelen, LOL! My first reaction was "not my problem" but I didn't want to sound cold!
ReplyDeleteBut if Grandson does cry it's paybacks for the buckets of tears Married Son cried when I'd have to literally pull him out of his daddy's dump truck or off of one of the many pieces of heavy equipment his daddy owned.
Geesh, no wonder Married Son likes that sort of thing so much - his daddy owned some really big excavation equipment back in the day. And Grandson has that same love.
The Mother's Curse really works!! I LOVE IT!
It great how it goes full circle! LOL
ReplyDelete