KUA

KUA

1/3/09

Saturday Six ...

1) Or is that Saturday Sicks? Seems I picked up a nasty bug Christmas at my cousin's house. Or so I'm assuming based on the fact that both of my parents, Alien, two aunts, and numerous cousins are all sick with the exact same bug! I feel like crap. Sneezing, coughing, sore throat, chilly (but no fever, go figure), sleepy, and a headache to beat the band. I've managed to sort of hang onto my voice this time around. GOOD!! I don't need another four months of not being able to speak (April thru August 2006 - I'll never forget THAT).

2) Doesn't help my headache that I'm out of caffeine. Need to run to store. Soon. Real soon. While I'm there I need to get cheese (velvetta of course) and tomato soup. Bread and milk, too. Lots of each. Grilled cheese and hot tomato soup sound sooooo good right now. This is the one (and ONLY) time that being single sucks ... no "honey, run up to the store for me, I'm sick as a dog and in bad need of comfort food" ... yah, I could ask one of the kids, but then I just hate giving them my debit card and ... well you parents know how that goes. Suddenly pop, tomato soup, cheese, bread and milk end up costing way more than they should.

3) Oh well, guess I get all bundled up and head out. I have to get a stamp and mail Brother Deere's birthday card today anyway. I've put that off for a few days. His birthday is Monday. I just hope the card gets there on time!

4) There's absolutely nothing good on the boob-tube today, not until 8 PM when COPS is on. Guess I check out hulu.com and see what shows or movies they've got to amuse my sick arse. LOL, speaking of hulu.com ... I introduced Daddy to hulu. Mom's ticked off at me. He's been watching old episodes of most of his favorite shows and barely comes out of his bedroom (where the computer is) now. Too funny! Glad I could find something to entertain him.

5) So that's been my new year so far. Hack. Cough. Hack. Cough. Big fuzzy bathrobe over flannel pjs. Blow nose. Hot showers trying to warm up. Nap after nap. Soup, soup, soup. Fuzzy sockie slippers.

6) On that ... Since Single Son is in the bathroom, where I need to be ... I'm crawling back into bed to warm up, Iz froze. Then make myself presentable after he vacates the only bathroom. Sick or not ... I'm not going out looking like I do now! LOL.


7 comments:

  1. I started getting a sore throat last night and I am trying desperately not to let it go any farther. I have jury duty Monday and I don't think I can call in sick for that. LOL
    Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up a bug somewhere during the weekend and have been fighting a head cold all this time too. Been to the store and picked up some drugs for it and feel a little better. Must be everyone has picked up a little bug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon! I managed not to get sick for an entire year thanks to Zicam. Good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor thing.....I've got a grocery store a block away - so if I feel too sick to go out - I call one of the neighbor kids and offer them a couple of bucks to go for me....but if I didn't have cash - I definitely wouldn't trust them with my debit card ;).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waht a bummer, sorry to hear your feeling sick and yukky, keep up the naps and soup and fluids and hopefully you will be feeling better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete