I really don't like negativity, but it seems that's all I feel anymore.
A lot of it is respect ... I know that. And Gizmo seems to be turning into a disrespectful arse. It's his way or forget me. Or should I say ... it's her rubbing off on him. No compromise ... he claims that he's paying the "big" bills here so I should just deal with the way he wants HIS home run.
His home? Excuse me? Paying $300 worth of bills a month in lieu of RENT is getting off easy.
He's going to be in for a huge shock when he gets all of the utility bills, plus rent, plus everything else he's not paying for (like garbage removal, water, sewer ... I could go on!!)
Between the cable tv that Gadget insists "we" get to the freaking thermostat being re-adjusted all the time because they're cold while I'm burning up, sweat literally dripping from my face (for god's sake, put some freaking clothes on, quit running around in your freaking underwear and maybe you idiots wouldn't be soooooo cold) I'm about ready to explode. I'm willing to compromise to the thermostat being set at 70 ... anything higher and I can't handle the heat!! Personally, I'd prefer it at 64 degrees (the house is super insulated, retains heat very well). Next time they reset it, I'm going to set it at 64 degrees. I already put a note "not above 70. Per Mom" on the thermostat (see explanation below). That didn't work.
Funny thing about that cable tv ... I've blogged in the past that I don't want cable simply because it'll make it more comfortable around here for them. And then I get stuck with a contract for something I don't want if they move ... no ... WHEN they move (especially if it's cable or u-verse television from my phone company). No thanks. Yet Gadget whines constantly that she's bored and there's nothing on tv ... you're bored? May I suggest you FIND A JOB!! Oh, she's able to find a job, but keeping it is a different story.
That's on top of the dishes that still aren't getting done or the ice cream drips left on the counter tops and floor. Or the pile of Gizmo's stuff that is STILL laying in the living room after I sorted through stuff last month and told her to sort through back then.
At least she finally did something yesterday with the artificial Christmas tree she insisted we just had to have for the holidays. Forget I have a tree in storage, noooooo, mine wasn't good enough ... she had to bring in her shit. I mean, decorations.
This is that explanation below paragraph I told you to see ... LOL. A few weeks ago I got into the van to see a note taped to the ashtray "Do not use. Per Gizmo". Okay, only problem with that, Gizmo bought a car last month (yay!) and hasn't been in the van since. The note was PER HER ... but she'll never admit that. She has to say things are Gizmo's ideas, she'll never say it was her. Anyway ... this note appears ... and when I use the ashtray just to flick some ashes in, she runs to Gizmo and tattles. I got blasted for using the freaking ashtray (isn't that what it's for?). Oh, and she's a smoker, too ... hypocrite!
But, if I put something on a note saying "Per Mom" ... it's ignored? I see how she plays ... she gets what she wants, damn anyone else's wishes or comforts.
Yet I'm the bitch around here.
DIL was definitely the lesser of two evils. I can't say I miss her, but at least I could get into a healthy argument with her without worrying about her running to my son and tattling. Not now ... nope, every little thing ... I feel as if I'm talking to a kindergartener.
No, that's not fair to kindergarteners ... they at least listen and WANT (for the most part) to please the adults in their lives ...to adhere to the rules ... to respect others and act accordingly.
*****
If it weren't for Alien and the boys, there'd be little to smile about.
I got a text from her the other night that two year old JR was meowing in his sleep! Yes, meowing. How funny is that?
Butterball is loving Head Start. He's already showing great improvements in his language skills. Yay Butterball!!
Alien and the Jester in Rusty Armor have to take some courses through the state to keep her cash assistance. She'll need a babysitter for the boys while she's in these courses. I've offered to do it ... I know, I said I wasn't going to help ... BUT the state pays me minimum wage for babysitting the boys, and it'll be about 25 - 30 hours a week. Not sure how long -weeks or months ... but it'll go on until Alien has a job and is no longer on state aide.
I'm hoping it's enough money that I'll be able to pay those bills I've needed Gizmo to pay and then I can show him and the Queen of Disrespect the door!! I really don't need much money to survive ... I've been frugal ... overly frugal ... for how long now?
*****
That'll just leave Boss Man here. Well, when he's here anyway. Which isn't often with his truck driving job.
The company is changing, too ... he's trying for more local jobs during the next year ... he's got a few things around here that he wants to do (including a much needed remodel on the bedroom he uses), but can't do if he's on the road for months at a time.
After that, we'll see where the company ends up. It's not closing, but morphing ... and if things go the way he believes they will, I will be doing local deliveries myself. They have to be "no touch" loads, but that's not a problem.
*****
Going on a search to find something POSITIVE to blog about!! Back later ... tomorrow maybe?
No comments:
Post a Comment