KUA

KUA

2/22/13

Oh Really?

Seriously? I use them? Where the hell are THEY going to get off living as cheaply as they do ... who's using WHO here?

I'm so pissed, I'm shaking ...

I asked Gadget if she was ready to be a positive member of this family ... we were in the kitchen ... she runs to the top of the basement stairs screaming "Gizmo, Gizmo, Gizmo" I don't know how many times. He rushes up the stairs as she's yelling "She's talking to me".

Then Boss Man rushes up the stairs, too ...

I figure, good, they're all here, they can all hear what I have to say about the immature games only to be verbally attacked by all three of them.

I'm the one with the attitude. I'm the immature one. I'm using THEM for my survival.

Okay, I do need their financial contributions, I admit ... BUT it's only for a grand total of $309 a month. I ask nothing more of them, except for them to be responsible, mature adults.

I know, laughable, right?

But, that situation is about to change, even if I have to take a job in a stable shoveling horse shit. 

And, get this ... thanks to Gizmo we're two months behind in the gas and electric bills ... he puts them off saying "I'll catch them next month, I have expenses I have to tend to this month". Three months behind and they shut off the services (I know this from experience).

HELLO? Heat and electric are the priority ... not your girlfriends daily trips to whatever doctors she deems necessary. 

So ... back to today's fight ... Gizmo is screaming in my face again ... saying how I needn't worry, that they'll be gone as soon as possible (GOOD!) and BossMan says to not worry about him, either, that he's moving out the same day as they do ... he's tired of my using him.

WTF? He pays NOT A DAMNED DIME to stay here ... how as I "using" him? Oh, he does provide my cell phone, but supposedly that's a work benefit - after all he does provide the phones for drivers, too ...

They keep bringing up that this isn't my house, that it's Grandma's house .. wrong answer!! I live here, I am the head of household. What are they not understanding?

And again, I called my mom tonight ... told her about the b.s. with "it's not your house, it's Grandma's house" ... she was so pissed off that she said she's calling him and going to ream him a new one. She's also calling her lawyer on Monday and having him revise their will ... she's taking Gizmo and Boss Man's names off (she had Gizmo and I both for the house) ... and instead giving them only a small check so they understand that they weren't overlooked. To say she's disappointed is an understatement.

*****

One of my cousins is a job placement counselor in Tennessee. Granted, it's not Michigan, but she only recently left Michigan. Her Michigan connections are great ... she's been such an asset with helping me locate places that are hiring.

Still haven't figured out HOW I'll get to job interviews. Mom's talking leasing a car short term for me so that I can get where I need to be. She'll help me purchase a car once I land a job. 

*****

I don't know how much more of this I can take!

Sorry, nothing positive today to blog about ...

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom just called me back. After talking to Daddy they decided that on Monday I can borrow their van for a few days so I can get out there and apply apply apply!!

    On a different note, I went downstairs to make a very late dinner. Gadget walks into the kitchen (I don't think she knew I was there) and I actually said to her "thank you for washing your dishes so quickly. I appreciate it". "Gizmo said I don't have to listen to you when you talk to me." Really? Here I thought I'd TRY to say something nice ... and I did say it with a gentle tone in my voice. Instead, I get pretty much a "my daddy said ..." comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Oh! Oh! Thought of a positive for today ... looks like that long dreamed of empty nest is finally within sight. This is what I need to focus on to get me through this!! Yes ... EMPTY NEST ... EMPTY NEST ... EMPTY NEST ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I think there's positives in that blog. You've got a goal and you're taking actions to reach it instead of just waiting for something to happen. It has to be terribly hurtful and disappointing to find out that your adult kids think you're using them but it explains the disrespect you've been dealing with lately. I hope that with Bossman it was just a follow the crowd sort of thing happening because he's got a lot on his plate for sure right now....and it seems to me you need each other more than ever. And the whole "its not your house thing" is rather ridiculous. If they've chosen to give you the house to live in - that's between you and them.....you choose to allow the rest of them to live there with you. Perhaps they have visions of you going to live with and help look after your folks and then they can stay in the house without having to answer to you - I don't know. But do keep being polite and thankful and taking the high road. I know it must suck to have to depend on other people so much....hopefully a fulltime job will appear soon and you'll be able to start moving forward again.

    ReplyDelete